It Matters How This Ends Part 49

I took a seat next to Piper and ordered drinks for all of us.

"So, what's new with you guys? Are you back together for good?", Polly asked.

"You haven't told them?", I looked at Piper.

"No, I was waiting for you.", she said in her sweet voice, smiled at me and held my hand under the table. I lifted my hand with her hand in it across the table and flashed the rings at Polly and Larry.

"Wow! You're getting married?!", Polly shouted.

"Yes! Yes we are.", Piper smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Congratulations!"

"Are we even invited?", Larry asked.

"Well I don't know, are you going to congratulate us or just sit there, sulking?", I replied with a raised eyebrow.

"Congratulations. You got the girl.", he said and rolled his eyes.

"Fuck yeah I did.", I held Piper's head and kissed her lips.

"Okay, guys, get a room?", he couldn't help saying.

"Larry, what the fuck! Are you jealous?", Polly snapped at him. Piper started waving her hands;

"Okay, okay, everyone calm down! Can we all just be happy for one another and celebrate?"

I picked up my glass and lifted it up; "Cheers." Polly followed my lead;

"Cheers, to you guys and your happily ever after!" We all took a sip of the champagne when Piper looked across the room and spit it out of her mouth.

"Is that...is that Sylvia?!"

"What? Where?" I pretended like I didn't know what she was talking about. Piper stood up and drank her whole glass of champagne in one go.

"I see how you "acidentally bit your lip."

"Piper!", I tried to grab her by the hand, but she wouldn't let me.

"And maybe you really did bite your lip, must have been from all of the passion. Fuck you."
She smashed her glass on the floor and started to make her way through the crowd to the front door.

"Shit!", I stood up and went after her.