[ 40 ]

It was a hive of activity at Melbourne Central. Herds of people swarmed past us as Jordanah spent most of the morning dragging me around the shopping prominard. It seemed out of the blue for the blonde mother that I would be taking her to enjoy a day out.

I mean it was out of the blue.

Considering that the past while I had been going on about the interview I scored for my basketball video story Todd assigned for me. Not all the Puma sneakers and bubble tea could put me off my grind that helped me secure the big interview.

But after the coach rescheduled due to a conflict in his schedule, as well as flaunting in a pool of self-pity, I had come up with a plan to find out the truth behind Jordanah's emotional outburst from the other day.

I recalled Andrew adding to "butter her up" if I wanted to get anything out of the girl. He even went as far as saying to ditch hanging out with the Essendon girls since he was eager to know the gossip about Jordanah.

Surely as a supportive partner of a talented footballer and his sports club, you'd know how I'd choose to spend my mornings.

"I think you're up to something." Jordanah snickered, as she took a sip of the chocolate milkshake she tightly held in her hand.

"What exactly would I be up to?" I asked dumbfounded, before scooping up some tortellini in my mouth.

"Don't play dumb. You were bragging about some interview you had with and I quote, a rather pretty NFL coach. Zaine was there too and will be a witness if you decide to pull the loyal fiancé card." Jordanah mimicked as I shook my head.

"It's actually an NBA coach Jordanah -"

"Do I look like I care about the difference? It's all the same anyway." Jordanah interjected and rowdly added.

"- I did have an interview. But now I don't, he had to reschedule. Something about his work schedule. So now I'm here hanging with my girl."

"Pretty rude behaviour if you ask me. Like this guy got to be interviewed by the Scarlett Wilde. He got the Wilde seal of approval seeing as not many people are rather pretty in her books and wait a minute! You are up to something!" Jordanah cut herself off one of her typical tangents that surpringly bought a smile to my face.

"Why do you think I'm up to something?" I asked as the blonde mother stopped in her step and held up the milkshake in one hand, the shopping bags in the other.

"You bought me two pairs of sneakers, food and begged to take pictures of me with the giant poster of Zac Efron in David Jones. You could care less about my Bondi babe." She added in defeat as I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Thought your Instagram could do with some spice with new photos. You legit haven't posted in ages." I questioned as Jordanah just rolled her eyes.

"I don't do social media like you. I can't be arsed with filters and aesthetically placing posts and whatever." She exclaimed as I raised an eyebrow.

"Or is it because you're pregnant?" I asked, which immediately caused her eyes to widen.

"Scarlett, journalists are meant to be accurate with their information. You aren't being very accurate at the moment."

"I'm not trying to be inaccurate babe. I'm asking you a question."

"What is your question?" Jordanah asked randomly as I rolled my eyes. Not sure why she was being unsure all of the sudden. Jordanah knows exactly what question I was asking.

"Are you pregnant?" I asked as the blonde mother shook her head.

"Don't be silly. Charlie and I aren't ready for another child. I think Ryder is enough for now." She added with a smile. But strangely enough, it didn't feel real. I grabbed her hand and gestured for her to follow along.