[ 116 ]

If there was anything to take out of yet another meeting I had with Melbourne this morning, well here it is.

Nobody seemed certain about this Alex Blake situation.

Whilst the threat from him might sound empty, the club weren't taking any chances due to Alex's reputation. The club were even going as far as boosting their security during training sessions and matches.

The club promised that they'd be doing everything they could to protect us from harm. Though I could tell that Beau had his doubts. I mean even I questioned if any of us were prepared for the slightest of trouble. The investigation into Nate's poisoning had stalled a while ago, so it was hard to expect anything different now.

"Not long now. The flight says it's landed, so you'll be reunited with your friends before you know it." Nate exclaimed with a smile. We both were waiting at the arrivals lounge for Jordanah, Georgia, Zaine and Taylor.

"I know it's been a little over a week. But it feels like everybody was gone forever." I admit as I look at the line of female flight attendants walking past us. As the women turned the corner, I switch my focus back onto my boyfriend.

"Just hang in there Scarlett. Your best friends will be running up to see you before you know it." Nate exclaimed, as he clasped his hands over mine.

"Thanks for coming with me today. I know you would of much preferred to stay at home." I softly say as I continue to gaze into his eyes.

"The least I could do was tag along while you picked up your friends after what you did for me yesterday." Nate added, a small smirk appeared on his face.

"You're thinking about the other day, aren't you Nate?" I question him noticing the coach let out a laugh.

"You gotta be specfic, which part of yesterday Scarlett?" He remarked.

"You know exactly what part of the other day you're hinting at." I exclaim, as our intimate memories in the backseat flooded my mind.

"You know Scarlett." Nate spoke up as I found my mind returning back to reality. "The next time I get into a stupid arguement with you, slap it out of me. You didn't deserve my anger."

"I wouldn't dare do that Nate, I couldn't." I admit and look into his eyes. He smiled, softly moving his thumb against my cheek.

"You are worth a lot more than a silly disagreement." Nate whispered and slowly leaned in kiss me. But a loud screech made me jump back.

"SCARLETT!" Zaine screamed out, hurdling towards. He then wrapped his arms around me to give a tight hug.

"We were in the middle of a moment Zaine." I mumbled. But he took no notice of what I had just said as he continued the hug.

"That's my girlfriend you're hugging." Nate joked. But he looked surprised by the hiss that came from the footballer.

"Thank goodness that we've landed. For some reason, the plane ride home felt longer." Georgia exclaimed whilst walking towards us.

"I've missed you Scarlett." Zaine added melodramatically.

"Yeah, you too." I awkwardly add, turning to face the coach standing next to me. As I mouthed an apology to my boyfriend. He surpringly let out a laugh.

My eyes moved over to Jordanah, who seemed to standout out. The woman was dressed up up head to toe in all black, including the wide sunglasses that basically covered her face. She eventually joined us but was unusually quiet.

"Did you guys have a good trip?" Nate asked casually.

"Oh god yes. We ate so much food, got to ride around in golf carts and oh, Georgia took me to the aquarium too. It was the best trip ever." Zaine exclaimed.