extended summary

Smoke and Bones |
Book Four of The Smoke Series

.....

synopsis:

Life has become a blur of cigarettes and emptiness for ex sports journalist Scarlett Wilde. After a string of events caused her relapse back to bad habits following her marriage to Andrew being postponed, the loss of her dream career, her botched attempts of rescuing her former boyfriend and the death of her best friend, Scarlett struggles to free herself from the unhappiness that has gotten a hold of her.

Following the aftermath of her cracking the mystery of where her ex boyfriend had suddenly vanished to, Scarlett becomes desperate to deal with the loss of the life she's fought hard to achieve but finds it difficult as her wounds from her battle with her arch nemesis Madeline Shay, continues to replay on her mind. It isn't just the young woman who notices this as the friends who've still remain by her side deal with her choice to push help away.

Finally deciding to move on with her life for good and make a return back to her life reporting on the sidelines from Australia's top stadiums, the interference of the press and her exes' loyal supporters distract her as everyone wants to know what went down to cause Marcus' kidnapping. Scarlett ends up in a rough spot as she tries to hide the massive effort put in to save him and protect the nation from hearing about his deteriorating state.

Hoping to get closure from the memories that come with being involved with the search for the once popular footballer, Scarlett enlists herself to help Marcus gain his confidence and health back. But an unexpected confession from the talented footballer himself tears apart everyone's own hopes for a happy ending, including Scarlett which leads everyone to start acting out of character.

Time is running out for everyone as Marcus' sudden admission causes his career as a professional to be jeopardised, causing the young woman to lose faith in everyone around her. More problems start to arise when Marcus' former high school sweetheart, Bridget Miller, gets word of Marcus' pain and uses this to her advantage with the hopes in rekindling a connection with him leading noglastia to get the better of Scarlett.

Just how far is Scarlett willing to go when it comes to getting back the happiness she's always craved for and have slip through her fingers? In the end, Scarlett is forced to come face to face with the rumours that strained Marcus' reputations and the demons that originally caused her heartbreak in the first place.

.....

disclaimer:

Smoke and Bones (the fourth book of the Smoke series) is a complete work of fiction. Any upcoming names, characters, events or events are either from my imagination or used in a fictions manner. Any resemblance to any actual persons - living or dead - are purely coincidental. The content written is not meant to humiliate, offended or embarrass any celebrities casted within the story or any other person; reader discretion is advised.

.....

warning:

This story is likely to contain the following mature themes of coarse language/profanity, violence, death, murder, crime, alcohol usage, sexual content/references, drug use/references, traumatic events, religion, mention of gore, intense scenes and other strong themes.

.....

cast:

{the names listed here are the main characters. more characters will be introduced later on as the storyline progresses}.