[ 7 ]

The more I stay mad at Jordan, the longer I continue to feel more stupid.

Was it really wrong for me to be prying into his relationship? Even though he was stringing along two women I adored, it felt wrong to judge him as he was one of the only people who didn't give me shit for my breakup with Marcus. It was pretty cool for him to welcome Andrew into his home with open arms, despite having his teammates' heart broken by him.

Jordan was partly right. I did have unfinished buisness with Andrew. The wedding was cancelled and our relationship ended because I didn't want him to be labelled a widow - Or whatever was the male equivalent in the English language. Now that I had been back in Melbourne, alive and settling down from the mess of Tamboon behind me, what was stopping us from getting back together and calling him my husband?

Typing into the search engine of the laptop that sat in front of me, I seemed to spend quite a while looking through the results of Andrew McGrath. Other than two mentions from a magazine and a blog about our broken off engagement, most of the results were about his plans to succeed as a midfielder in 2018, his view on how Essendon were developing as a side and the occasional odd reference to his draft night a few years back.

What a crazy thing that there's only some months remaining until a brand new season and, a brand new year.

It was weird how next year I was going to be twenty six and won't know if I'll be married or not by the time the new year rolls around. It's also weird to know that I'm soon going to be thirty years old and that's something that doesn't well with me.

Turning my attention back onto my laptop, I noticed my reflection. I didn't have my relationship under control but thank god I got rid of the blonde hair. Honestly, it was too much to deal with and I was genuinely missing being a brunette. Plus it only became more of a terrible reminder of what happened in Tamboon and I didn't want to keep thinking about it anymore.

I was surprised but also greatful that there wasn't any other names of women linked to his name romantically. It made it a lot more of a possibility of getting married if there wasn't some aspiring model or a coincided actress ready to swoop him away from me.

The worst part out of all of this, was the fact that Jordan's voice annoying played through my head as I scrolled through the photographs of him on Google images.

I could hear him telling me that I was waiting around whilst a broken relationship was lingering.

Yes, I'm stalking my ex fiancé on Google right now. Sue me.

I immediately hopped out of my seat and grabbed my mobile nearby. Honestly, I had no idea if Andrew was at training or at home. Or he could be fooling around with another girl and I'd never know. Oh well. If he was fondling a pair of breasts that weren't mine right now, I'd be glad to interrupt him for a couple of moments. I found his number on my contacts and waited patiently as the dial tone rung.

"Sorry. The number you've dialled is currently unavailable right now. Please leave a message after the beep and the caller will get back to you as soon as possible."

I sighed. Of course Scarlett, there's such thing as turning your phone off or leaving it on silent.

The beep sounded and I immediately felt defeated. Did Andrew change his mind about wanting to get married? I hesitated for a bit but then forced myself to string along a few sentences since the phonecall was waiting to record something for the message box.

"Hey babe - Sorry, I probably shouldn't say that for the obvious reasons. Was just calling to get a hold of you, I'm really worried about you Andrew. The last time we tried to talk about what was happening between us was after I came back from Tamboon and even then I pushed you away. I get that we aren't together now but I - I really do miss you Andrew.