[ 37 ]

It was somewhat hard to describe the moment after I awoken from a night of euphoria. The bright beads of sunlight did little to take away the loosening of our stress as I fluttered my eyes opened. For a moment, I couldn't recall where I was. But the pushed back seats was enough for me to ponder about my surrounding.

Both Andrew and I were able to shake off the early morning confusion, as we were once again sharing an intimate moment between us. Our plan to have a quiet lunch after dropping Jordanah home went out the window immediately. Mostly because both of us were eager to restart from where we left off with our kiss outside the studio. So here we were the very next day in a passionate embrace - ironically on the street where Jordanah and Charlie's house was.

Perhaps there might have been a better place, but after the argument and the whole tape incident, I wasn't in the mood to wait any longer to blow off some steam. And during the moment, it seemed like a brilliant idea.

"Oh fuck. Oh. Oh my god! Shit. Charlie!" Zaine's voice boomed from behind me as I immediately felt myself fall off the seat. I scrambled to find where my shirt had disappeared to, desperate to cover the rather small strand of dignity that I knew I had left of.

"What are you fluffing on about now idiot?" Charlie bellowed as I felt my heart drop, instantly feeling embrassed about how this was looking to unfold. As I quickly pulled my shirt over me and manovered my body around, I noticed the curly haired boy slowly run up to his friend but stopped as the two of us made eye contact.

"What the hell?" Andrew shouted as he rolled over. I looked over my shoulder to see a horrified looking Zaine with his face covered standing near the car door.

"I should be asking you the same thing. What are you guys even doing parked near our house? We were wondering why some car had just randomly been parked here. Right Charlie?" Zaine asked, but got annoyed when his friend was yet to respond.

"Huh? Sorry, what did you say Zaine?" He asked as the tall footballer shot him a look of confusion.

"Why do I care more about this more than you so man? Your girlfriend was showing concern about a random car that she thought was being creepy outside of your house, yet here you are not saying anything." Zaine bickered as Charlie rolled his eyes.

"Both you and Jordanah are being overdramatic. It's just Scarlett. We had no buisness snooping around her buisness. She's not even doing anything illegal." He added, trailing his eyes over me with a look that I struggled to understand what he was trying to say.

"How hard did you hit your head during training Charlie? You almost got in trouble for causing an argument with that driver you thought took your spot last week. But now it seems to be okay for you?" Zaine argued as Charlie just shook his head. I could see Andrew next to me ignorant to the situation as he pulled up his pants he had from the other day.

"Look. We're on public property, meaning we have a right to be here. Nobody asked you to have a snoop around mine and my partner's buisness." Andrew yelled out as I looked at Zaine, seeming to be the angriest I had seen him in a long time.

"Don't know what you're getting your knickers in a knot for, but I think you should step back if you know what's good for you."

"Is that meant to be a threat?" Andrew responded furiously as Charlie patted his friend on the shoulder.

"Let's go inside. It's not worth -"

"Do you want it to be a threat? Because I'm sure as hell able to make you sorry for ever asking that." Zaine interjected as Andrew began making his way out of the car.

"Andrew, what the hell are you doing?" I asked panicked but received nothing from my fiancé, who seemed more interested in confronting Zaine for whatever reason. As I watched him hop out the chair, he immediately arguing with Zaine as I looked down at my hands and felt defeated. Letting out a sigh, I remained quiet and awaited for Andrew to stop whatever issue he had with Zaine right away.