[ 79 ]

Dylan Arnold as Tucker Murray

.

"Weee." Zaine excitedly cheered as he wheeled himself around his club's CEO office. It was an understatement to say I was nervous. Kyle's admission about Ed had me on edge seeing as I didn't know what it meant for any of us. It wouldn't seemed so bad if the colleague of mine wasn't threatening legal action. But given the type of status Tucker had, I sure as hell wasn't willing to just wait and see.

I knew that I couldn't sit back and do nothing. But it was hard to know who would be the right person to tell - it was even hard to know who to trust at this point. It was the reason that even considering this idea filled me with hesitation.

"You do realise where we are Zaine?"

"I think I would be aware of where we are Scarlett." He scoffed, before continuing to roll around on the black office chair.

"Don't you need to be professional around here? You are in the office of your football club's CEO."

"I've never been around here and he or she probably doesn't know I exist. But if they think I'm not being professional, you can always charm them since you've apperently got a way with silver foxes." Zaine added with a wink as I rolled my eyes.

"You really want to start this now? We're meant to be saving your teammates' butt."

"I know that you fancy the bloke and I respect that, but I think your new man is lying about being 34 years old." Zaine added as I turned around in annoyance. Both of us were taken back as a sudden appearance was made by the CEO Jeremy, who strutted towards his seat with a vintage looking demin jacket.

"Hey, Scarlett. Sorry I couldn't see you earlier, there was a board meeting. But the phonecall sounded really urgent. I take it something has happened."

"Hi, Jeremy. Yeah, I didn't know who to talk to so I called to make an appointment to see you. I'm not sure how much you know about this or if you even know about the situation, but I've come to tell you about one of your players." I admit, noticing the CEO's body tense up as he was looking through the coloured folders in front of him on his desk.

"That Easton hasn't been giving you troubles again, has he?" He asked as I shook my head.

"Nope. Not since that day at Jordan and Vanessa's wedding when he was giving me shit about him being with my best friend." I mumbled, unfortently thinking back to the moment he bragged about Gemma apperently voicing her frustrations about me whilst they were shacking up.

"He didn't say anything to you at the wedding -"

"No, no Jeremy. Forget about him. That run in I had with at your office was because he was upset about Tom I guess. But no, I'm here to talk about Ed. We think that he might be in some trouble." I add as the black haired man sat back against his chair, chewing on the edge of his pen. Zaine looked him down then up with disgust.