[ 47 ]

It was clear that something was off Something was very off.

Vanessa had said very little to me since I first arrived to her place - despite her urging me to see her right away. It didn't seem like her marriage was over. The big diamond ring sat on her slim finger made it seem like she was very much Vanessa Roughhead.

But given my own situation, there was a possibility that she was good at hiding her problems.

The dark skinned girl sat on table from across me and folded her arms, her face had an expression of worry plastered across.

"Vanessa. Seriously, what's going on?" I added sternly as she looked up at me confused.

"What?"

"You asked me to come over. And you said it was urgent. What did you mean when you said it's not gonna be something I'd like. Is this about Jordan?" I questioned the girl, who looked over at me with a sour expression.

"Yes. Yeah, I did ask you to come meet me here." Vanessa quickly mumbled. I watched her in silence rise to her feet. She seemed tensed, almost paranoid about something. Her body still was tensed as she hurried over to the front door and scrambled to lock it.

"Vanessa, what the hell is going on?" I asked startled. She stopped herself from fiddling with the door and just stood, gazing oddly at the door.

"I - I just wanted to make sure that the door was shut tightly."

"Where's Jordan? Is he here?" I asked her as Vanessa just sighed.

"He's with one of his Collingwood teammates. Darcy Moore I think. I told him to get out of the house and do whatever. I - I couldn't have him in the house whilst we had our converstation." She admitted as I looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Is this our converstation? You wanted to tell me that Jordan's hanging out with Moore?" I rolled my eyes as I wondered why this couldn't have been an email or a text. Is this what she'd say I'd hate her for? Please, I couldn't care unless about who Jordan hangs out with.

"Scarlett. I - I did something that I'm not very proud of." She admitted. Her eyes darted nervously as I observed her, trying to connect the dots on what was going on.

She seemed nervous about Jordan hanging out with his teammate. And she had been on edge since I arrived to her place. Did she have something going on with Darcy?

"What did you do Vanessa?"

"You know how at the wedding when your friend stopped it and declared she had some big secret?" She asked me as I nodded my head.

"Yeah. I'm sorry about what's happened V." I exclaimed as the dark haired girl looked at me with surprise. "Jordanah told me about what happened. She told me everything."

"Of course she did. Get pregnant with my husband and run her mouth to everybody. As if they both did wasn't bad enough, she's now bragging as if it's something to be proud with."

"Vanessa. She wasn't proud about the situation. The poor girl was in tears. She honestly never expected to get pregnant with him. She wasn't ready for another child." I admitted as Vanessa just laughed to herself.

"Poor girl? I don't believe that for a moment Scarlett. I get that she's your friend, but she's been running around with Jordan for a while now. What did she expect? What did they both expect to happen when they both were in between the sheets together." She sadly added as I frowned at her.

"So then what happened Vanessa?"

"I ran inside to the room they were in. I actually found out where they were because Patrick and Rebeccah told me -"