[ 84 ]

"We're so sorry that we're late. Traffic on the Princes Highway -" I stopped myself short, noticing the hollow feeling which lingered in Jeremy's office. Flickering my eyes over to the CEO's desk, I could see Patrick sitting with angered expression. Next to him was a disappointed Jeremy who had just gotten off the phone.

I could tell that this wasn't going to be a walk in the park - whatever this was anyway.

"Good afternoon Miss Wilde." Aarohi added whilst leaned up against the window frame. I shot her a confused glance, unsure as to what was going on.

"Is someone dead?" Zaine asked perplexed. Jordanah soon slowly but surely made her way to where we stood.

"This better be important. I could of been at home whilst pregnant." She grumbled. This immediately attracted the attention of Georgia, who rushed over with a chair in her hands.

"Babe, I think the talented footballer should get a chair too." Zaine exclaimed as he cleared his throat.

"Patrick has already got a seat." Georgia added quickly and went back to stand next to the CEO's desk. I watched as Zaine muttered something to himself.

"Why does Zaine always think someone is dead when it goes quiet?" Jeremy questioned as he looked up from his notebook.

"So how familiar are you three with Willow Pyke?" Aarohi asked, as I let out a sigh. It wasn't hard to forget the former WAG. Ever since she got close with Maddison, she did a total 180 and joined in the Scarlett Wilde hate club. I didn't understand what relevance she had considering that she hadn't been involved with the club since Shane's death.

"The only Willow I know is the Smith kind. You know, the one who sings about whipping her hair back and fourth." Jordanah exclaimed, as Jeremy looked at her with shock. Zaine soon cleared his throat.

"Didn't really know her. Just know she dated an old teammate of mine Shane, before he died. I heard Willow went crazy, then disappeared with another girl who dated another teammate of mine Caleb. He also died. I haven't seen her since. No wait. I saw her at the hospital when I went to visit Tom. The same night Scarlett kicked me with her ugly shoe." Zaine rambled, as I shot the footballer a glare.

"Got a few dead teammates there. Maybe it's time for the rest of the guys to get life insurance." Jordanah added, but darted her eyes away after noticing the look I was giving her.

"What about you Miss Wilde -"

"It's actually Mrs Sutton officer ma'am. That's what she's known as." Zaine pointed out, causing me to let out a sigh.

"Wait what?" Patrick asked in astonishment.

"Ignore them. I know Willow through mutual friends. But what she got to us three?" I ask, as I could see Patrick clench his jaw.

"You three were in attendance of Mr and Mrs Roughead's wedding -"

"So this is a pity party for Vanessa and Jordan? I thought Patrick said this was urgent?" Jordanah groaned, folding her arms together.

"Can you just get to the point already constable? I've gotten plenty of football related buisness to attend to if you don't mind. Tell the three about the charges." Jeremy grunted as Jordanah's eyes lit up.

"Victoria Police are moving along with making formal charges against Miss Willow Pyke. The victim Mr Boyd admitted that she was the one who pushed him off the balcony." Aarohi added, as I felt my mouth open.

"Damnit. I thought Vanessa was going to prison. Maybe another time." Jordanah exclaimed. Zaine stood by as he was giggling at the pregnant woman's comment.