[ 163 ]

New messages.
Jordanah:

I'm sorry about the other night. Could we talk? I hate that we aren't. I hope that you're doing okay x

I slid my phone back onto the beside table beside me. In case it wasn't obvious, I wasn't in the right headspace to talk with anyone this morning.

Landon was still asleep. Of course he is.

I would have preferred to be sleeping now too, so I could avoid the guilt of our rendezvous last night. Instead, I was up early and staring at the ceiling. The memories of last night continued to replay over and over in my mind.

Out of everyone I could have been with, I ended up sleeping with someone who is married.

Go work that one out.

It was stupid of me to think I could fill the void of Nate through a former player of his. Nobody would ever come close to the man I was still madly in love with. But I found out that too late, and perhaps in the worst way possible.

"What have I done?" I muttered to myself, sitting up on the side of the bed. Suddenly, I could overhear movement behind me.

I was soon to be a mother. But I was in bed with another guy, whilst the actual father was somewhere in Texas.

"Morning, Scarlett." The brunette said with guilt. I turned around to face him. It seemed the version of myself last night, where I was overly flirtatious with Landon, was no more.

"Do you know what we did?" I awkwardly ask him.

"Yeah. I know exactly what we did, Scarlett. I'm just as surprised as you are." Landon muttered out loud. He slowly reached out to move my hair away from my eyes. I stared at him, stunned.

"How are you being so casual about this? You went behind your wife's back, and I - I helped you to do that, Landon." I muttered aloud.

The brunette laid back against the white pillows and gazed over at me with cold eyes.

"It's not something that I can be casual about. Evelyn is going to be heartbroken when she finds out about this." Landon added.

We both sat on the bed in silence. It didn't mean much for me. After all, I was recently broken up with. But I knew this was a huge deal for Landon. He had probably ruined his long-time marriage for me.

I knew that he would have felt guilty about what he did. Landon and Evelyn had been together since they first met in college.

Given that they had been a popular couple since Landon arrived at the club, I knew the others would be shocked if word got around about the infidelity.

"So what happens now? Neither of us can change what went on between us last night." I question him in frustration and reach out for my shirt that was on the ground. Though I knew I had no real reason to be upset. Landon was the one who had more to lose.

"I get that you're upset about it. But there's no point pretending that this wasn't something that you wanted, too." Landon answered suddenly. I looked up with widened eyes at him.

"What are you -"

"Maybe you don't want to admit it now. But there was clearly something that made you do it. You could have told me to go away. You could have just pretended like I didn't exist. But instead, here we are in this bed together." Landon exclaimed.

"Hey. Stop trying to make yourself a victim. You came over to my house because you wanted to ditch your awards night to see me. In case you've forgotten, I did suggest for it to not go further." I remind him.