[ 119 ]

Compose new message:
Nate 💓

Good luck babe for the big game. Whatever the score, you'll make Australia (and me especially) very proud. Missing you heaps x

Compose new message:
Ginni

I hope you're okay. Josh was out of line and he knows that. Please let me know that you're alright Ginni :(

I hit send to the text messages and continue to stare blankly at the TV screen. Life comes at you fast. It can also change in an instant. You go to one specialist appointment, and life as you know it ends. Isn't that true?

I had always thought being a mum wasn't for me. So then, why wasn't I feeling at ease with the news?

"Scarlett? Where's that bright smile of yours?" Diana sung with a pout on her face.

"I wish I knew Diana." I exclaim tiredly. The brunette looked over at me in confusion. She walked away and took a seat at the table nearby.

"It's something to do with her boyfriend. So leave it Diana." Monique bitterly added.

It had taken a lot of energy to get out from bed. Both Josh and Nick tried their best to convience me to enjoy the sunlight, but without much luck.

The only reason I was at Zaine and Georgia's place today was because I accepted the invite a while back. Honestly, I was here to avoid causing conflict in the group. With things not great with Monique and Jordanah for me, I had no choice but to attend whatever was being planned today.

"Hey, how are you going Scarlett?" Adeline asked sympathetically whilst rubbing my shoulder. I looked up at her with saddened eyes.

"Still the same Adeline." I say in defeat. The blonde frowned. I let out a sigh and lean my head against her shoulder.

She was aware of the situation after Josh called her down to the house. It was a complicated situation which I was clearly struggling with. So Josh thought it would be beneficial to have Adeline over since her pregnancy journey was somewhat similar to mine.

"Thank you all for meeting with me. Even though we had to reschedule a hundred times. Apperently some people think that going on dates with Melbourne United players are more important." Jordanah passive-aggressively remarked, glancing over at Monique. The brunette rolled her eyes.

"Thank you Jordanah for airing out my buisness in front of everyone." Monique mumbled, crossing her legs over. Sometimes I forget that she was seeing Rocky.

"Didn't you get back together with Patrick Cripps?" Georgia asked in confusion.

"Apperently she prefers Rocky Beauford over Carlton boys. I mean really Monique, do you not appericate those navy blue boys?" Jordanah scoffed and shook her head.

"You're messing around with a Western Bulldog player again. So you shouldn't be talking Jordanah." Diana remarked.

"That's two AFL girlies that are now dating people from Melbourne United. Sounds like they're all the rage at the moment. If it doesn't work out with Jack, I might have to ask to be set up with someone from there." Olivia Silvagni chuckled out loud. Jordanah stared coldly at the woman.

"What are we doing here Jordanah? I've got kids to be looking after." Adeline asked whilst holding her hand up.

"Bit rude to be wanting to leave when you've just gotten here Plowman." Jordanah scoffed.

"Adeline has a point. I'm here on my lunch break because you said it was an emergency." Georgia explained with a sigh.

"Well yeah, it is an emergency. My baby's birthday is coming up. So after thinking about what I can get for a present, what better way to show my appreciation for him than to throw a big party?" Jordanah asked in excitement, clapping her hands together.