[ 30 ]

"Scarlett?" Andrew softly asked, bringing me back to reality. As I turned to face my fiance, I felt my cheeks starting to warm up as everyone's eyes pierced through me. Although this afternoon was meant to be touring a potential wedding venue, I didn't seem all that interested in doing so.

As much as I wanted to genuinely be interested in preparing for our wedding, it was difficult with everything that had been going on. Along with Andrew, I was with Jordanah who agreed to help with giving opinions and Kendall Lennox, our wedding planner. I was familiar with Kendall as I had went to high school with her, but hadn't realised she went down that career path until Andrew introduced her to me through social media.

"Yeah?"

"Have we decided on how many guests we wanted there?" Andrew asked me once again.

"Honestly, I haven't even thought that far along. It'll probably be an intimate ceremony maybe." I shrugged, looking over at Kendall who just quietly scribbled notes on her tablet.

"Obviously, I'm coming since I'm helping you today. Plus Zaine and Georgia are coming too. So that's at least three guests so far on your list." Jordanah chimed in. I ignored her comment unsure of how to respond.

"I'm glad to hear that we'll have someone at our wedding then at least." Andrew joked as I rolled my eyes at his bad attempt to break the awkward silence.

"We've got plenty of time to think of guests. But so far, you are starting to look at venues, determined a budget, vendors have been spoken to. That's it. But don't worry, we can get everything sorted out before your big day." Kendall added with a nervous sort smile, looking over the three of us.

"Great to hear." I added slowly, doing my best to seem like I was paying attention.

"So we've already seen two venues a few days ago - Park Hyatt Melbourne and the Yacht Club. We're currently at the third place, Pullman on the Park. Are there any that either of you are leaning towards?"

"They've all been good. What do you think Scarlett?" Andrew asked as I put on a fake smile.

"Yeah, they've all been good. But I think maybe Park Hyatt might be a little out of our budget."

"I only saw this one. So this one, in case anyone wanted my opinion." Jordanah spoke up as Andrew shot me a look. I didn't want to entertain his distain he had for bringing Jordanah along with us. It wasn't a dislike he had to the girl since he didn't mind her company. But it felt like Andrew wanted touring potential wedding venues to be a more private moment between the both of us.

In all honesty, I only asked Jordanah to acompany us today because I wanted to distract myself from whatever doubts I had going through. The university student would be quite unhandy to have given that she didn't typically take things seriously. But since my mind was grappling with confusion, Jordanah was as good as I was going to get.

As the four of us made our way through the large hall to see what this venue had to offer, Jordanah awaited for Andrew to start a conversation with Kendall before she crept up from behind, to start a conversation with me.

"So your husband to be doesn't like me. Which is kinda weird, because everybody loves me and plus he's put up with me heaps of times before -"

"It's not that he doesn't like you. I think he was just caught off guard that you came along to tour the venue with us." I answered, receiving a nod from the blonde mother.

"What's there to be caught off guard by? I'm tagging along to give you opinions, not invade in anything intimate between you." She added as I just shrugged and kept walking.