CROSSROADS OF LOVE 1.4 (ENGLISH)

Krist was still for a few minutes. His mind blank.

The only thing he was sure of was that he wanted to get out of that room as fast as he could.

But how...?

How could he do it ...?

His eyes began to roam the small room, noticing for the first time how some of his things didn't seem to be where he had left them.

His books were out of place and some of his photographs were missing. But the worst part in all of that was that, without a doubt, the drawer of one of his cabinets was ajar. A drawer where he had his underwear.

A few months ago, one of its screws had broken, making it possible to close it only by lifting the drawer a little and applying pressure with a hand. Something that, without a doubt, he used to do practically out of habit.

"And I'm sure I did it this morning ...", he said to himself as he paled even more than he already was because ... why the hell could anyone want to look into his underwear?

Only one type of person did something like that and ... the very idea was filling him with terror.

It was then that his eyes fell on his phone, which was on the nightstand next to his keychain.

Biting his lip, the young man stretched out his arm trying to move as little as possible. Finally, when his fingers touched the cool device, a slight smile appeared on his lips. Smile that got frozen as soon as he began to hear a slight dragging noise under his bed.

Heart pounding in his chest, Krist took the device and, turning it on, held it to his left ear.

- "Hi Joss!" - he exclaimed aloud - "Is something wrong? I was not expecting your call .."

Krist waited a few seconds and, after verifying that the noise under his bed had stopped, continued speaking as if Joss really was on the other end of the phone. All this while trying to take, with his free hand, his keys .

- "Really ?! I wasn't expecting something like that ... But if you think it's necessary, I can go to the office right now. But tell me, what are the points that we need to check?"

Meanwhile, having finally been able to take his keys in his hands, he got up while making slight sounds with his mouth. Sounds he hoped would make whoever it was under his bed think he was still talking to Joss.

- "I understand ... it's certainly a problem ..." -he whispered while, as calmly as he could, he approached the door and left through it.

Seconds later, however, he dropped the mobile to the ground and then, slamming the door, locked it with one of the keys. All this while thanking all the gods, he could think off, for letting him rent an  apartment with locks in all its doors.

- "I used to rent it to university students, so each of the rooms has a lock while the bathroom was shared as was the living room and the kitchen..." - the owner of the apartment had told him when he had gone to see it for the first time.

And now he certainly couldn't have been any happier with his decision to keep the locks and its keys in his key chain.

Krist sighed, feeling calmer when, unexpectedly, a strong hit caused the door to shake.

- "Kriiiist ..."

Unable to prevent a scream from escaping his lips, Krist took the mobile from the floor and began to run towards the door of the house.

A new blow reached his ears as he stepped out into the hall. Seconds later he had closed the main door of the apartment and ran for the stairs. It was only when he got to the street, stopped a taxi and ordered to be taken to Joss's house that he realized that he did not have his wallet with him ... that he was not even wearing a shirt nor his shoes.

STORYBOOK 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara