RED THREAD 1.3 (ENGLISH)

The first day of the semester came quickly. Arthit jumped out of bed and, with a smile lighting his face, showered and changed into the clothes that had been sent to him just a couple of days before. 

The University crest, which was on the white shirt, gleamed in the sunlight.

"Finally..."

A slight sound from his mobile made him turn towards his study table. On the screen he could see various messages from friends and family wishing him the best.

A sad smile graced his lips.

His friends... his friends were tens of kilometers away. On the other side of the ocean. And as for his family... he hadn't seen them for days. The university was over an hour away by train, just to go there and back, and his parents had not been able to buy tickets early enough.

-"The capital, without a doubt, is not like the outskirts..."- he muttered as he kept his cell phone in his bag.

In spite of that, for him, being alone in the dormitory on campus, surrounded by strangers, didn't matter. He had already experienced it before, in another country and with a completely different language. This time it would be much easier compared to those first few months years ago, besides... it wouldn't matter as it meant that he would be in the same place as his P'Kong.

- "I hope I can see him today..." - he mused as he stopped in front of the portrait that was now on the table and that had been, during all those months, the main incentive he had used not to collapse and stop studying those many hours, day after day.

But at last it was finally over. He was finally there...and he would be able to see him again.

He couldn't wait.

A COUPLE OF HOURS LATER, AT THE CAMPUS...

The bell rang and the students began to run towards their classrooms.

Arthit, who was not used to so many students and much less to such a large building, observed without moving the different doors through which the other youngsters were entering. With a frown, he looked down at the paper that had been given to him at the secretary's office. 

From what it was written in it, the engineering area had to be in front of him... however, all he could see at the moment was the emblem of the science area .

"I don't understand..." he told himself as he turned the paper from side to side, "it's supposed to be here..."

-"Confused? If you want to, I'll help you find your class..."- said a voice at his back, making him jump and turn towards the person who had just spoken.

Ming was smiling, just a few steps away.

Like himself, he was wearing the uniform of the University and one of the backpacks with the logo of engineering .

-"Hello"- the boy said as he raised a hand in greeting-"so you have also managed to enter..."

Arthit nodded with a slight smile.

-"Yes...and I've also been accepted into Engineering, but I can't find the classroom"-he commented as he briefly raised his backpack while making a small pout.

Ming's smile widened as he reached over and put an arm around his shoulders.

- "Excellent!" - he exclaimed with joy - "you know, I'm glad to meet you here... my best friend has decided to leave me just to study Science so I have been feeling a little lonely..."

Arthit looked up at the young man's face. His expression was clearly hopeful.

- "Then..."

Ming nodded without losing his smile.