TWO LOVERS 2 (ENGLISH)

Meanwhile, at the capital, a man was walking through one of the halls of the most prestigious University of Engineering. A wide corridor that would take him to the dean's office that, if he was not wrong, should already be sitting at his desk, observing the passing of the minutes and mascullating about the youngsters of today and his inability to be punctual. 

Arthit's eyes again perched on the clock he carried in his right wrist ... A growl came out of his lips and his steps, somewhat slow, gained strength. At least all they could with a plaster leg.

- "I don't learn ... I really don't!"

A week ago he had settled in his room, preparing himself for the moment when he had to return to university but, to his shock and anger, that morning .. that same morning in which he should had raised sooner to practice what he  was going to say once he would be in front of the middle -aged man on which his life depended, he had ended up falling asleep. He hadn't even had breakfast yet, having just bought his favorite pink milk in one of the stores near the university.

A sigh escaped from his lips, causing several students to look at him. Some of them, standing at the corridor while talking with their peers, greeted him with a smile on their faces but the vast majority, as he had feared, were watching him with a curious expression. 

As if he was the attraction of the day.

"This is what happens when you have been in coma for half a year ..." He though while he turned in a corner.

Moments later, with a tired gesture, he stopped walking and supported his back on the wall. In front of the watchful eye of a man who, with a growl, got up from the seat he had been occupying.

- "Where the hell have you been? The director have asked for you twice already" asked Knott, making Arthit turn to him with a guilty expression on his face.

Both stared at eachother for a few seconds, then Arthit took out a notebook from his backpack and scribbled a couple of words that showed his best friend.

"Sorry, I ... I fell asleep"

Knott shooked his head and then sighed loudly.

- "Among every day you had to fall asleep, Thit .. you had to choose today"

Arthit shrugged and, with a slight sigh, sat next to Knott. His friend, a second later, took one of his hands among his.

- "Do not worry, you'll see that everything will end well. They can't take away your position just because of your injury, much less because you can't speak..."

His words made Arthit look towards the ground. The truth was that he was not as sure as his friend about it.. not after how the hazers from second year had reacted. Many had supported him, rejoicing with his recovery, but .. He knew of the comments that were being said behind his back...

That he was not prepared for  such a responsibility ..

That he was not going to be respected nor he will be able to control the newbies ...

And, if he was sincere,  a part of him agreed. A small part that, however, could not overcome all those days, months even, that he had spent, along his friends, preparing for the training of their rookies. It had been so many hours, so much work that ... now he didn't want it to end up being just for nothing.

- "Oon ..."

It was then, just when Knott placed a hand on his shoulder, that the office's door got opened and the dean of the university appeared before them.

- " Finally you are here ... Go inside, please ..."

THIRTY MINUTES LATER...

Prem hit a wall while Bright and Toota, with incredulous expressions, could only let themselves fall into their chairs. Arthit, however, looked at the papers that were in front of him without even being able to believe what had just happened.

He had been degraded ...

He would no longer be the head hazer of the year...

And all that because, as the director had said, they needed someone who could speak to the newcomers, who would be able to control them ... something that the teachers doubted he could do now that he was not able to move well nor pronounce a single syllable .

- "At least they left him be a hazer.... and it would only be until he gets better..." - Knott muttered after a while - " after all the doctor said that with rehabilitation he could return to normal in a short time"

Prem, however, turned to Knott with a furious expression on his face.

- "You know as well as me  that SOTUS will end before Arthit can recover completely. Think about it, classes will begin within a month ... maybe his leg can get better by then but his voice ... There is not enough time for that! "

Arthit, noticing the discouraged expressions of his friends, sighed. Moments later he had written a few phrases on the board that was in front of him, and that was in sight of all.

Do not worry about me, at least I will be able to be with all of you . Also I may be well enough by then... after all there are still four weeks.

Bright nodded and, passing an arm through Arthit's shoulders, he turned to Prem with a smile on his lips.

- "Come on Prem, nothing bad will happen if Knott ends up being the Head Hazer and Arthit occupies his place in the group ... he will have fewer obligations and will be able to look for his bonded or for someone who could make his nights, or rather his bed, less cold.... "

Prem growled. Then he throw a pillow at Bright's head.

- "You are always like this, Bright!"- He exclaimed- "We are here discussing  a big problem, we don't have the time for one of your jokes!"

Bright shrugged while Toota, laughing on his side, hit him playfully on the back.

Arthit however, as Prem, was not up for that.. much less for that kind of jokes. That damn accident, the was the moment all his  problems had begun ... And, although his friends did not know it, the loss of his hazer's post was the slightest of them.

His voice ...

He had lost his voice and his leg was still in a bad condition but, despite everything, the worst part in all of that was that his mark .. the one he had always had on his right arm, had disappeared. It was no longer there... and not even a slight trace remained..

His skin, his entire arm was completely blank. Something that, without a doubt, had filled him with impotence and pain.

He had dreamed so much with the day he would finally found his bonded.. And now that his mark was not there... he felt naked.

Void.

And all that because, during the operation they had to do in order to save his life, his heart had been stopped for a few minutes ... he had technically died and, with it, his connection with his other half.

No one had expected it...

No one knew that it could happen...

But the result was that he no longer had a bonded and, for the guilty looks that the doctors and nurses had thrown at him, he was starting to fear that he would never have it again.