CROSSROADS OF LOVE EP3 (ENGLISH)

Krist opened the door. A second later he ended completely paralyzed after seeing the man that was on the other side.  For a moment he thought he was having one of those dreams of his in which Singto appeared out of nowhere to promise him eternal love although, after seeing the guilty expression on the man's face, he began to fear that it was real. That Singto was there, in front of him... with tears in his eyes and a tremulous smile on his lips.

- "Singto.."

As soon as he heard his own name, the man let out a sob and dropped to the ground.

- "I'm sorry, Krist ... I'm so sorry. I failed you ..."

- "I ..." - Krist began to say when a slight noise made him look towards one of the other doors. An old lady, accompanied by a small dog, had opened the door of her house while acting as if she was not looking towards them.

With a grunt he grabbed Singto by the collar of his shirt, causing him to rise.

- "Come inside right now ..." - he murmured, in a low voice, as he looked at the doors of the other apartments while wondering how many of his neighbors were looking through the peephole.

Singto, meanwhile, had already taken a couple of steps into Krist's apartment. All this while he tried to wipe his face from tears.

- "Krist, I know you don't want to listen to me .. and I deserve it. But I .. I love you. I ..."

- "Singto, seriously... Can I know what you're doing here?" - Krist asked as he closed the door and turned towards the man -  "You should be with your boyfriend, not me..."

- "NO!" - he exclaimed as he tried to take one of Krist's hands in his - "Ohm... he is not... he's not my boyfriend. I never went back to him ..."

Krist smiled wryly.

- "Come on ... I know he has been living with you all these months. Don't try to fool me in my face, I will not believe  again any of your lies ..."

- "I'm serious Krist. I never went back to him but ... I made a mistake one night and ... I felt like I should give him a chance. But it didn't work ... I could never forget you. I...I told him that the other day at the store ... "

Krist bit his lower lip as Singto's words reminded him of what he'd seen on one of the shop's security cameras. The truth was that.. after hearing what they had said to eachother, he had been thinking about it ... even, curled up in his bed, he had thought about going to Singto and demanding an explanation but, in the end, he had decided to wait and see what the man would do now.

"If he wants me back, let him take the first step ... it's the least he should do after what he's put me through ..."

And that was what he had done, especially after remembering what had happened a week after his resignation when, unexpectedly, Singto's father had shown up during one of his shifts at the library. The man apologized for what his wife and son had done to him. Then, after assuring him that it would never happen again, he had offered him his old position within the company.

At first he had flatly refused but after hearing the conditions of his return, he had been unable to do anything but accept. Especially after the man had taken his hands while calling him "son".

- "At the end of the day, that is what you are going to be after my son stops acting like an idiot..." - the man had said while winking at him - "unless you don't love him anymore ..."

Krist had blushed, causing Mr. Ruangroj to start laughing.

- "Then there is nothing else to talk about, except ... well ... a little request. I don't want you to look for Singto, let him be the one to come to you ... it's the least you deserve after what Singto put you through. He needs to put a little effort on this relationship of yours ... "