TWO LOVERS 5 (ENGLISH)

Arthit gaped at the woman, causing her to let out a short giggle.

- "You know, your case is more complicated than your friend's... your bond was broken when you died, a few months ago, so your mate know is bonded to someone else."

To...To someone else...?

Then...

His soulmate was... was no longer his?

He sadly lowered his gaze to the ground. Now he no longer had any doubts... his mark was not going to return. Not now... Not ever.

"I'll end up completely alone...", he told himself , "just like those nurses whispered when they thought I wasn't listening..."

Alone...

Yes, he could fall in love with someone else, look for a new person to be with like Nam and many others before him but...

How to do it when he knew that, in some other place, there was a person who was his other half? Someone who...if nothing had happened...would have been with him for the rest of his life?

He couldn't... he knew he couldn't... he will never be able to move on...

A hand on his knee snapped Arthit out of his thoughts. Then he looked at the old woman, who was smiling ruefully at him.

- "All is not lost yet..." - she said - "but you will have to fight for it, you will have to make him fall in love with you and reject that other person. Only then a new mark will appear on you..."

- "But that..."

"That's unthinkable..." Arthit though as he paled enormously, "How am I going to do that if I don't even know who my bonded is? And that person... that other person is not going to let me take away his mate that easy!" 

- "Listen, your mate will appear before you very soon...if he hasn't already. Your bond, though broken, will lead him to you...you must make sure he chooses you before the next full moon, otherwise you will never be one again..."

Arthit, with a slightly grayish face, typed on his mobile and then showed it to the old woman.

"On .. on the next full moon? But that's in less than a month!!!"

The woman nodded with a serious expression and then, without saying anything else, left through one of the doors, leaving Arthit completely shattered and his head in a mess.

A COUPLE OF HOURS LATER, IN ARTHIT'S APARTMENT...

The door closed behind Nam's back, leaving Arthit completely alone. With a sigh, he took his guitar and went to the terrace where, like every afternoon, he sat down to start playing, with a melancholy air, his favorite song.

His eyes, fixed on the sky that could be seen between the buildings, did not notice a man who, quickly, was leaning on the balustrade of his own terrace just to hear the sound that his fingers were generating.

"My mate has a new bond..." he told himself while inadvertently biting his lower lip.

The truth was that.. he didn't know if it was a good idea to try to recover the link from him or not. Perhaps that person was happy with his new partner and it would only generate a serious problem if they knew each other now. Also...

What could he offer him...?

He had nothing, he couldn't even speak and his leg...

Arthit sighed and once again began to play the opening chords of the song.