Chapter 35

Sitting in front of Sydney again, Wen Xiaohui had made some preparations. At a glance, he saw that Sydney was also a little uncomfortable. He was not the only one who felt nervous. He was quite moved in his heart. Once he and Sydney had a very close relationship. If that didn't happen...

Sydney looked good, with a sharp jaw. Wen Xiaohui could tell at a glance that she had just had a face-lifting shot. He praised Sydney as usual. Sydney was smiling, and the two chatted about the situation, but the slight distance. But it feels like an invisible wall, lying between them, no one can pass it.

After talking for a long time, Wen Xiaohu felt that it was time to enter the subject, so he made up his mind and asked: "Sister Sydney, did that cause you any more trouble afterwards?"

Sydney naturally knew what he was referring to, so she avoided the seriousness and said lightly: "I cooperated with the police in several investigations. It doesn't matter. We have been divorced for many years, so it doesn't matter."

"Fortunately, you left early, otherwise you may have to pay for his gambling debts. How much money does he owe? How could he be forced to jump off the building."

"Three to five million, the amount is huge. Anyway, he can't pay it back. The loan shark has to chop his hand. He kept hiding, and then he didn't find it..." Sydney mentioned the incident with a trace of her face. There was no expression, as if it were a dog that had nothing to do with her.

"That, Luo Yi..." Wen Xiaohui paused on purpose. He observed Xue Li's expression and found that when she heard the name, her face changed slightly.

"Luo Yi, what's the matter?" Sydney asked casually.

"He is a little worried about that ID card. His ID card is missing. Did the police ask?"

Sydney's expression clearly flashed a little panic: "What do you mean?"

Wen Xiaohui was deliberately vague, because he had no bottom in his heart, so he could only test it out if there was nothing.

"When the police check his identity, they will need an ID card, right? Without an ID card, don't the police doubt it?"

Sydney's eyes wandered: "He is impoverished, just like a homeless man. What's weird about not having an ID card."

Wen Xiaohu looked at Sydney's expression, feeling deeper and deeper: "Oh, that's fine."

"You always mention what he is doing." Sydney said impatiently. "It's rare to see him. Let's talk about something happy."

"Because of this... Luo Yi is very worried about what the police will find out." Wen Xiaohui said quickly.

Sydney opened her eyes and looked at Wen Xiaohui with some horror.

In front of the honest expression that was too late to think and conceal, Wen Xiaohui felt a basin of cold water poured down his head, making him cold all over.

Sydney said dumbly: "You, Luo Yi told you?"

"Yeah." Wen Xiaohui felt his heart beating violently, and the fluctuation even gave him the illusion that his heart would pop out of his throat.

Sydney was holding the cup nervously, her fingers trembling lightly because of excessive force, showing her inner anxiety: "He said he won't tell you."

Wen Xiaohui's fist clenched under the table: "I guessed it myself."

Sydney recollected for two seconds, and suddenly Liu frowned, and her voice became sharp: "You're arguing about me!"

Wen Xiaohui looked directly at Sydney: "Sister Sydney, please tell me the whole thing, I must know."

Sydney grabbed the bag and stood up. Wen Xiaohui grabbed her wrist and exaggerated: "Sister Sydney, if you don't tell me, I will always pester you."