Chapter 125

"Poet, Tech, Reaper...come, I have much to show you." Unicron said as he began down the hallway toward his control room. The three humans followed with frowns on their face.

"How shall we get started, my liege?" Reaper asked as she jogged to catch up with the god. "First, we shall start with collecting the rest of our army. My troops now are strong, but not all the power we need to slaughter primus. We need to be prepared for the worst attack possible, with the strongest Mechs."

"But, my liege, isn't Primus...the core? What could he possibly do to harm us?" Tech asked with a frown as her and Poet glanced at each other for a moment. Unicron nodded. "You are correct about being my planet's core, but what most do not know is that Primus can manipulate the planet to his liking, which he would surely use against us when we strike, which is why we must be prepared." The god explained.

"Then who shall we have join us, my lord?" Poet asked. Unicron smirked as they approached a large door that neither of the humans had been through before. He put his servo on a lever next to the door as he looked at them.

"Why don't I show you?"

~

Megatron opened his optics slowly, letting out a long vent as he suddenly felt the aches of his forced training with Unicron from earlier that he barely remembered.

He shook his helm with clenched optics as he felt a pain in his spark from the shame he felt for being such a fool to meddle with Dark Energon. He sighed quietly before he heard a rattle of chains next to him.

"Megatron?"

The former Warlord looked to his right with surprised optics and saw his long former enemy in the same position he was in, arms behind his back, chained to the wall and his legs chained to the floor.

"Optimus?" He said with a faint happiness in his voice and the Prime smiled slightly. "You are a sight for sore optics." He said and the Decepticon leader shook his head. "Took the words right out of my mouth. What are you doing here?" He questioned and Optimus gave him a look.

"Oh, just hanging out."

Megatron was taken back by the sass from the Prime before getting a faint smile when he realized just how much time his old friend had spent with the girl he had raised.

"What has Unicron been doing to you?" Optimus suddenly asked, causing Megatron to snap out of his thoughts. The former Warlord glanced away. "Truthfully, I don't know...I can't remember much when I come out of his control." Megatron told him and the Prime nodded.

"Perhaps you should ask for assistance in healing your wounds."

Megatron hasn't noticed the scraps and cuts that covered his body until Optimus said that and sighed. "I doubt they will—" the door suddenly opened, making both the leaders snap their helms toward the door, a uneasy feeling in their sparks before a mech stepped through and they relaxed almost instantly.

"Ratchet." Optimus breathed out happily and the Autobot medic gave a faint smile as the door shut behind him and Optimus and Megatron were released from their chains.

The two fell to the floor harshly with grunts of pain. "It seems you two have been kept comfortable like the rest of us." Ratchet said sarcastically as he helped Optimus up. Optimus gave a small smile as he held onto Ratchet shoulder.

"It is good to see you, old friend."

"That was incredible timing on your part." Megatron said as he pushed himself up and held a wound on his shoulder. "Unicron summoned me to come here and help you." Ratchet told them and the two looked worried.

"He's forcing you to?"

Ratchet slowly shook his helm, as if ashamed. "I...told him I would work for him...as long as nothing happened to you, or the others...I would be a valuable asset to him, and I knew he wouldn't pass it up, so he agreed." Ratchet told them truthfully.

"Ratchet—"

"I'm not here to argue about my choices, I'm here to patch you two up. Now sit!" Ratchet snapped and the two Mechs obeyed in case Unicron were to decide the medic was spending too much time in there.

It was silent for a bit as Ratchet repaired Megatron, who was more damaged from whatever Unicron had him doing under his control. Optimus helped a little bit with handing Ratchet tools and remained silent so the medic could focus.

"Was she angry?"

Ratchet wasn't surprised from the question that came out of the former Warlord's mouth, glancing at Optimus for an answer. Optimus didn't say anything for a moment as Megatron looked at him.

"No...she was not."

"I find that hard to believe." Megatron mumbled bitterly as he crossed his arms, making Ratchet grunt in frustration from the shifting. Optimus shook his helm.

"She was more...angry at herself, and Unicron."

"Sounds like Amalgamous for you." Megatron said with a sigh before remembering something and glancing at the two.

"When I was dead for a bit, I saw Amalgamous. I don't remember anything she said or what I was doing, but she was running at me frantically...what was that? How did I see her?"

Optimus frowned at the question for a bit, unsure how to answer until he remembered Amal waking up and saying she had seen her best friend and had tried to tell him what she had wanted to say before he passed.

"Amalgamous'...spark stopped after being thrown through the groundbridge—"

Megatron's spark sunk.

"—and we did not know about it until the others came and told us about her vitals not showing up on Soundwave's monitor. We were planing to find a way to help her, when she had a heart attack from the stress of her heart pumping both Energon and blood, and she died...for thirty minutes."

Megatron was quiet as he processed the information and Optimus shifted. "She said she tried to tell you something, but we revived her before she got the chance..." Optimus said quietly with guilt in his voice and the Decepticon leader raised his topic ridges.

"What did she want to tell me?"

Optimus looked at his old friend.

"That she loved you."

Megatron's spark sunk with a terrible feeling in it as his optics looked at the ground. He pushed Ratchet's servos off of his body and turned away. "Work on Optimus, I'm fine." He said bluntly as he faced the cage bars and stared off.

Ratchet wanted to fix the remaining few scraps but figured it was best to leave him for a bit and sighed before beginning to work on the Prime, allowing the former Warlord to mourn the most important person in his life.