Chapter 17

"Dark Energon?" Ratchet said with his optics wide. Amal nodded in confirmation as she typed into the computer. "Are you certain?" Optimus questioned as he stepped behind the blonde haired girl and looked at the computer.

"Positive."

"How do you know?" Ratchet asked, looking at her wearily. "I've seen it before. Back on the ship, I was in charge of Energon mines. One day, we opened the space bridge in hopes to find larger deposits of Energon than the ones on Earth. Lord and behold, dark Energon fell into our servos." Amal explained as she hopped back onto the railing.

Arcee looked confused and weary. "You were in charge of Energon mining?" She asked. Amal nodded. "We had, uh, suits for me to use, so the exposure didn't affect me." Amal lied as she sat down and dangled her legs.

"I'm surprised Megatron trust anyone's except his second and third in command, let alone a human." Arcee said. Amal glared for the first time since she'd gotten there.

"I know you all a still unsure to believe me, but I didn't completely lie to you when it was unnecessary." Amal looked at Optimus.  "Remember when I told you about that family that raised me?" She asked the Prime. Optimus nodded.

"That was the complete truth. They've never hurt me, and they never will. So maybe you guys wanna start thinking what would be the best play before you start jumping to conclusions on what happens." And with that, Amal got off the railing and walked down the stairs and into the hall, disappearing without a glance back to see the Autobots weary expressions as she left them to think.

~

"Bro, I told you, I'm not letting you."

"And why not?" Starscream grumbled. "Because, I have a very tiny bit of their trust. Something I didn't think I could get back. And if I blow that by letting you and any other Decepticon out, they'll squash us." Amal explained as she stood between the bars of Starscream's cell.

Starscream scoffed, twitching his wings. "Well hurry up and try to propose some offer. My wings are getting cramped from being in this position." The SIC complained. "I'll try my best, babes. But it might need a little time." Amal told him truthfully. Starscream mumbled something under his breath, making Amal snicker.

"You're too over dramatic for your own good."

"Whatever. Just figure something out." The seeker grumbled. Amal nodded before walking back down the hall to where Megatron's cell was. She opened the door and walked in, seeing Megatron standing there, staring at a wall.

"That's a pretty interesting wall, I'd have to say."

"I'm thinking, Amalgamous."

"You're always thinking. Just, don't for once. Relax my dude." Amal said as she walked up to him. Megatron looked down at her. "I wish I could." He said quietly, purple optics flashing with sadness. Amal patted his ped.

"We'll get home, Megs. Eventually. But maybe it's for the best right now that we try to discuss things with the Autobots." Amal said. Megatron scoffed. "That's the worst decision. Autobots and Decepticons in the same place for more than an hour? I wonder what could go wrong?" Megatron rolled his optics as he spoke.

"Well, it also looks like they need our help." Amal pointed out, smirking. Megatron looked confused. "The Autobots found a surge of Dark Energon." Amal said, putting her hands on her hips. Megatron chuckled.

"Then why don't we show our old friends the ropes?"

~

The Autobots looked just as uncomfortable as Megatron and Amal as they stood in the main room of the base, none of them speaking for a second.

"Alright. So, assuming we won't be let free, if we're gonna be kept in this base for however long, and if we're gonna help you, we have requests." Amal said as Megatron crossed his arms. "You can't be serious." Arcee grumbled. "Oh hell yea I am. You're asking us to help you with stuff that we've had a hold of for years before you guys even noticed it." Amal said, putting her hands on her hips.

"We shall heat of your requests, and decide what would be for the best of all of us." Optimus said with a nod. Amal smirked, along with Megatron.

"Number 1, we're not kept in cells, that includes Starscream and Soundwave, wherever she is. Disarm our weapons or whatever, but I'm not helping if any of our teams in the cells." Amal stated, climbing up the stairs and sitting on the railing. "Very well. But, unless stated other wise, you are to remain in Holoform." Optimus said. Megatron opened his mouth but Amal waved a hand at him.

"Yea, totally. We'll roll with it." Megatron grumbled a 'fine' as he leaned against the wall near where Amal sat.

"Number 2, whatever Energon, dark or regular, that we find, we get one third of whatever is found." Amal said. The Autobots exchanged glances. "Very well." Optimus said, bowing his head.

"Our last request—" Amal hopped onto Megatron's servo, latching onto it before climbing up, unbothered by the looks the Autobots gave her. Megatron smirked as he spoke.

"—allow us to still have control over the Nemesis."

-

(I started this book halfway through March and it's already at 1K??? Thank you so much guys! Vote and comment, follow if you'd like! I love you all!)