Chapter 57

Bumblebee cried out happily when Ratched told them the news. Bulkhead cheered while Breakdown hugged Knockout, who yelled at him for making her drop the panels that belong in the Groundbridge tunnel. And with all that going on, Soundwave and Shockwave managed to scurry away quietly after expressing their emotions of satisfaction.

"I'm just so happy!" Bumblebee cried and Ratchet rolled his holoform's eyes. "Now, is the groundbridge back up again?" The medic asked. "Uh, not quite. Knockout and Shockwave are still working on it. It should be done innnnn—" Bulkhead looked at Knockout who was glaring at Breakdown in annoyance.

"Five days." Knockout finished before turning back to the groundbridge tunnel while mumbling stuff about her 'sparkmate and why is she forced to love him sometimes'. Ratchet nodded before everyone bid farewell to their friends back at base.

"So, stuck here until the groundbridge gets fixed?" Jack asked and Ratchet nodded. "So it seems. There is the option to drive again." Ratchet said. Amal lit up suddenly.

"No!"

Everyone looked at her strangely. "Do you guys not realize this yet? We are in the Pentagon. This place has been so deeply classified for god knows how long and we're here! I wanna explore, and after that, I wanna go around town. I've never been to Virginia, I wanna take some souvenirs back." Amal explained as she walked over to Megatron's holoform, who leaned against a wall of the communications room they were in.

"I dunno Amal..."

"I do not see why it is a bad idea." Optimus said to Ratchet. The medic grumbled. "Let the humans explore while we talk operations to Fowler. There has been something I have been needing to discuss with him." The Prime said and Ratchet sighed. "Fine, fine." He mumbled grumpily.

The humans lit up. "Cmon Megs, Screamers, lets go before the military humans have anything to say about it." Amal said as she grabbed the two Decepticons hands and pulled them out the door, disappearing around the corner, leaving the Autobots and their humans to discuss the future quietly.

~

Exploring the Pentagon was a dream come true for Amal. She had always wanted to go through the human classified buildings, instead of just through their intel systems on the Nemesis. And now, she was here, basically going through every door until a human noticed what she was doing.

"Ma'am."

Amal turned around as her two Deceptions that accompanied her approached. A man in a military uniform with a hard stare looked down at her. "Sup." She said with lit up eyes. "What do you think your doing?" He asked as he crossed his arms.

"Exploring your human base. It's quite fascinating, there are only a few things I'd change though." The man looked surprised. "And who are you to have me listen to what you have say?" The man cocked an eyebrow at her and Amal rolled her eyes at the question.

Sometimes Megatron regretted raising her to speak her mind, as he knew it would now get her into trouble.

"Amalgamous, call me Amal. And you are Colonel—?" She looked at his patch. "—Lennox?" The man nodded as he held out his hand. Amal shook it with a grin.

"The first thing to change is this lighting, it's so fucking dark in here I can't see jackshit and I have enhanced—" Lennox chuckled as she went on and the Deceptions rolled their holoform's eyes.

"Why don't we continue this conversations outside, Amal? I got some men I'm needing to PT." Lennox cut off Amal in the middle of her going on about the paint jobs. Amal lit up. "Watching men almost cry from physical activity? Don't mind if I do!" Amal said as she quickly followed the Lt Colonel down the hallway.

"I have a feeling she's going to get herself in a sticky situation...one we'll have to get her out of."

Megatron nodded in agreement as the two Decepticons started following.

"I have a feeling your right, my friend."