Chapter 85

Starscream's leg bounced up and down anxiously as he sat in the main room. "Starscream, you're freaking me out." Miko said as she approached him and the seeker sighed. "I'm freaking myself out." He mumbled numbly.

Miko wrapped an arm around his shoulders and he felt a sudden comfort come over him. "She'll be fine, Screams. If anybody could pull through a heart attack, it's her. She's kicked the asses of Dinobots, she's tough." Miko told him and Starscream nodded.

"Why don't you...tell us something about her? Tell us about how she grew up, she's never mentioned it." Miko suggested as Spike and team looked up from the table they sat down across the room. Starscream chuckled gently.

"Where do I start?"

~

The person opened her eyes, blinking to adjust to the brightness.

She sat up, rubbing her sore eyes before noticing her chest ached. "Oh god, do I have smokers lung? I don't even smoke that much." She mumbled, coughing as she rubbed her chest.

"No...I don't believe you do."

The girl spun around quickly, jumping in surprise to see a giant, white figure. "God?" She mumbled and the figure chuckled.

"No, that'd be my father...technically I guess. In your human terms." He said and the girl frowned. "Who are you? Are you a Cybertronian?" She asked and the figure nodded.

"And you are Amalgamous."

Amal nodded, glancing around at the all whiteness around her.

"Where am I? Am I dead?" She asked bluntly. "Straight to the point, I see." The figure said and Amal narrowed her eyes. "I'll beat the answer outta you." The figure chuckled.

"You are not dead...yet...this is more of a way point before you fully die." The figure told her. "How so?" She asked, stepping forward. "This is where you are judged, wether it is your time, or wether you need to go back."

Amal frowned. "And how do you judge that?" She asked and the figure thought for a moment.

"Amalgamous, how has your life been?"

Amal thought for a moment. "It's been...amazing. It's the best thing I could ask for." She told him truthfully. "And your friends?" The figure raised their optic ridges.

"They're more than my friends...they're my family. Each of them has helped me in someway I never imagined. Take it as a debt I could never repay with anything I feel I could imagine." Amal explained and the figure nodded.

"Elaborate on each one."

"How do I start?"

"With...Shockwave."

Amal grinned. "I love Shockwave. He's my one optic'd lil bean. The debt I owe him is probably the greatest. He saved my life, that's not something someone can do everyday." She told him and then thought.

"Hmmm, Knockout and Breakdown. They're the greatest grandparent figures I could. Breakdown is so keen to get me to fight all the time while Knockout is always trying to knock sense into him. I hope to have a relationship like them one day." Amal said with a big smile.

"And Sounds. Primus, Sounds is the more trustworthy Cybertronian ever. She keeps secrets until she dies. I can always talk to her, even if she doesn't talk back, and I still feel a sense of comfort." Amal breathed out happily.

"Babes...I love him so much. He's given me so much advice that I've lost count. He made me make sure I never felt less than what other thought of me. And that's what kept me going all these, his words echoing in my head as I took his side in combat."

"And of your best friend?" The figure asked and Amal sniffled. "Megatron." She whispered. "He's my favorite bot in the whole fucking galaxy. I love him with all my spark and soul. He's taught me almost everything I know, human related or not." Amal choked back a sob.

"I wish I had gotten to say goodbye. If I couldn't of stopped him from dying still, I wish I could've just told him I loved him, because it's never been a spoken thing between us...it was just, something we knew, so it was necessary to say it."

The figure smiled and nodded his head to behind her.

"Then why don't you tell him?"

Amal looked confused as she turned to meet where the figure was looking, eyes widening as she saw the familiar backside of the mech she loved.

"Megs." She whispered, stepping forward once before another and another before she was finally sprinting toward him.

"Megs!" She yelled and he turned around and looked surprised. "Amalgamous." He whispered faintly as he stepped forward. Tears streamed down her face as she ran to him, not even once thinking about slowing down.

"What are you doing here? You shouldn't be..." Megatron trailed off as she got closer. "Megs, I have to tell you something." She exclaimed, nearing closer and closer.

"Amalgamous, you shouldn't be here. You need to be alive. Living—" "Megs, it's important!" She said, choking back a sob as her heart raced and she wondered why it seemed she wasn't going to reach him.

"I'm so, so sorry. I l—"

And her eyes snapped open.