Chapter 117

"Oh great, Shockwave's back."

"Shockwave's not bad, what's got your plating scraped?" Breakdown asked as he munched on a shard of Energon. Knockout huffed and motioned to Amal, who was happily crawling across the table.

"Hey, cmon man. Don't pull this scrap with us today." Breakdown said, blocking her from literally crawling off the table. Knockout sighed, rubbing her optics in frustration.

"Shockwave's gonna think we've gone mad."

"Hasn't he already?" Breakdown asked, trying to get Amal to crawl away form all edges of the table. "Oh my Primus, you stupid suicidal baby, stop trying to crawl off the table!" Breakdown exclaimed and Amal stopped to giggle as if it were a game.

Breakdown sighed and propped his leg up to block another side of the table."Well, we might as well throw him into the loop. We need another baby sitter since I got fired." The blue mech grumbled as stretched out even farther as Amal tried to crawl toward openings.

Knockout watched, scoffing in response. "You really think Shockwave would want to deal with her? I think he would rather offline."

"Hey man, you never know. We never thought Boss would wanna keep her but here we are, trying to stop a baby from committing suicide." Breakdown said, finally giving up and dropping his arms and legs off the table and simply scoping her up to prevent her from hurting herself. Amal giggled happily as if that was what she was aiming for the entire time, latching onto his digit and wiggling it.

Knockout chuckled as she tapped the baby's head lovingly. "Well, let's go find the big lug. He needs a holoform for what we're about to start doing." Breakdown followed the doctor as she started out the door, frowning as he held tighter onto the baby in his servos. "What are we starting?" He asked in confusion. Knockout smirked while rubbing her servos.

"Oil pumping."

~

"How's it feel, Shockwave?"

Shockwave looked down and around the tiny body he now was, raising his arms to and gazing with a look on his face before finally looking back up at Knockout.

"Small." He said simply and Knockout chuckled. "Yea, I feel ya. You'll get used to it." The doctor told the scientist and he nodded but still had a look on his face.

Knockout raised her optics ridges. "You still look annoyed." She said and Shockwave didn't respond. He wasn't used to people reading his emotions as easily, mostly due the fact that in his alt form he only has his optic to show emotions and even then people couldn't get much from it, they usually had to depend upon the sound of his voice to figure out what irked the scientist.

"How come we have these...constricted forms anyways?" Shockwave changed the subject as he rotated his wrist and ankles to get used to the feelings. "Well, Megatron wanted these forms so we could blend in easier to the humans while exploring this planet and gathering a few needed items from it, since we would rather not waste Energon on simply walking in and taking what we need, while it would be easier. But then the humans will know of us and it'll just be a mess."

Knockout sighed and gazed at the door as it opened, showing Breakdown coming into the lab in his Holoform, carrying Amal in his arms as she attempted to grab his bandana. "And because of her." Knockout said simply as if it was no big deal.

Shockwave looked surprised to say the least.

"A native life form?" He questioned as Breakdown approached. "This is the Decepticons new sparkling, Amalgamous." He said and Knockout sighed. "Baby!" She corrected and her Sparkmate rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Long story short, this is how we blend in."

Shockwave raised his eyebrows, making Knockout snort at the fact he could show his emotions now. "Blend in?" He questioned with a head tilt as he watched Amal babble to Breakdown while tugging on his sleeve.

"Yup!"

"With Amalgamous here, we were able to identify most parts of the human body to be able to make these Holoforms and also be able to use her to seem like 'normal' humans when we operate in their terrain." Knockout explained as she transformed and activated her holoform.

"That is...logical."

"Great! Shockwave approved! Now, I gotta go help the boss with something, so here ya go." Breakdown said as he set Amal on the floor and he walked toward the door. Knockout placed her hands on her hips.

"And what exactly would that be?"

"Uh, mechly, stuff. Ya know? Smashing things and lifting heavy...scrap, yea!" Breakdown said with a chuckle as Knockout raised her eyebrows unconvinced but didn't say anything as the mech disappeared out the door. Knockout sighed as she turned back to Shockwave, who to her surprise was kneeling down next to Amalgamous.

Amal looked at the Decepticon scientist with wide eyes. Knockout, with her hands still on her hips, chuckled. "I think she's confused on your eye, Shockwave." She told him.

"Socks." Amal cooed and raised her hands to him. Shockwave looked unfazed. "She wants to be held, spoiled thing." Knockout said as she walked up next to Shockwave and knelt down. Amal pouted when she wasn't getting her wish, her bottom lip sticking out as she looked at Shockwave.

"I was thinking, if you stick around, you'll study human anatomy with me. Not just with her, obviously, but just in case anything was to go wrong with her." Knockout explained as Shockwave stood up and she followed. Shockwave thought for a moment.

"I suppose it would be most logical, especially with my experience with new borns of our species, and with human parts being no different looking than ours."

"Forgot about you being a sparkling caretaker. That'll come in handy then." Knockout said just before Amal began to pout even more and huff as she tried to stretch out taller to Shockwave.

Shockwave knelt down just for a moment to pick her up before going back up and holding the baby in his arms with the same blank look on his face. Knockout sighed as she rubbed Amal's head for a moment.

"You're spoiled." She said and Amal just cooed happily as she began to play with Shockwave's  sleeves. The doctor chuckled, shaking her head lightly.

"I can tell this will be a interesting experience."

"Indeed it will be, Shockwave."