Chapter 9

Amal didn't want to admit it, but she missed home. She was homesick, and she tried everything so she could didn't feel that way, but nothing worked. Not her favorites foods, not her favorite tv shows, not sleeping.

So, after 2 and 1/2 months in the Autobot base, she figured it was time to go home. Where she belonged.

The only question is how.

~

Amal felt bad about it. She didn't want to leave them, but she couldn't stay forever. She had to get home, back to her family, back to Megatron.

So when most of the Autobot's were out on Energon scouting and Ratchet was busy with his computer, Amal snuck out and ran for about an hour before she chucked a small, metal device into a cave.

And now, she just had to wait.

~

"Optimus, we have an Energon reading." Ratchet informed as he turned around. Optimus nodded while the others walked over so they could go help. The children were at school, so Amal was the only human in the base, which helped her plan perfectly.

Amal walked down the stairs, going past Ratchet as they all had their backs turned and weren't paying attention to her while she started walking to where their barracks were.

She walked past a few garage doors until she got to one with a button thing in it. She opened the human size door and walked in, approaching the large button looking thing. Amal looked at her arm, pressing into a spot on her palm, causing a small compartment to open up, which held ten little disks in it.

Amal chuckled it at the button, which made it shrink down to the size where she could carry it. She picked it up and put it in her pocket before walking out and repeating it with the rest of them.

Amal walked back out from the barracks hall, her hands stuff in her pockets. The groundbridge was still open as Ratchet turned around to turn it off, but not quick enough as Amal ran through just before it started to close.

And as it did, Amal couldn't help but mentally say goodbye to Ratchet and thank you for all he had done.

~

As Amal stepped through the portal, she gazed up to the sky, where a large warship that she knew sat. Amal smiled, her heart swelling up with happiness.

A groundbridge opened near her and Vehicons walked out, going immediately toward the cave and not even noticing her. She ran over to them and snuck into the groundbridge, dodging their peds swiftly so she wouldn't get squished.

Amal breathed in the air of the nemesis before exhaling happily. "Home sweet home!" She whispered to herself as she gazed around, seeing she was in the control bridge. She looked over toward the controls and could see Soundwave at them, monitoring the Vehicons actions.

Amal smiled and started walking across the bridge toward the silent TIC. Soundwave didn't hear her approaching, as mentally frowned when she felt a tap on her ped.

Soundwave looked down, and took a step back when she saw Amal gazing up at her with a huge grin. "Miss me, Soundy?" Amal asked. "Where—have you been?" Soundwave played as she picked Amal up and set her on the controls table.

"Oh, you know here and there, Autobot base and back." Amal said and winked. Soundwave stared at her as if she didn't believe her. "It's true, dude! Just, call Megatron in, I got some surprises in store for us." Amal said as she rubbed her hands together and grinned.

Soundwave nodded and informed Megatron, Starscream, Breakdown And Knockout to report to the bridge, without telling them anything else then to get there as fast as possible.

~

Megatron growled as he walked through the hallways. The Autobots has apparently taken all the Energon in the mine before they got there, which meant they got nothing. And he wasn't too happy about it.

Megatron stalked toward the control bridge, the doors opening automatically in front of him while he walked through. "What is it, Soundwave?" Megatron asked as he walked toward the controls, seeing Breakdown, Knockout and Starscream already there, crowded around the controls.

The four Decepticons stepped out of the way of the controls, making Megatron stop in his tracks and optics widen.

"Amalgamous?"

Amal smirked. "Did you miss me?" She asked, placed her heads on her hips. "What happened to you?" Megatron immediately asked, approaching the controls with a slight grin as he held out his servo to her, which she hugged the digits of.

"Welllll...." Amal started. "I think you should ask her about where she's been, we're all curious." Knockout suggested, crossing her arms and giving Amal a 'you better have a good excuse for this'. Megatron cocked an optic ridge at the young girl. Amal grinned.

"Guess who's been at the Autobot base?"