Chapter 111

"Megs."

"What, Amalgamous?"

"Can you finish the story?"

The Warlord looked at the little girl in his arms. "I told you we would finish it later." He told her as she pulled her head off his shoulder to look at him. The blonde haired girl pouted with 'puppy dog eyes' as she had put it once.

"But I want to finish it now. You stopped when it was getting good." Amal whined and the Decepticon leader rolled his Holoform's eyes. "You sound more and more like Starscream everyday." Amal giggled.

"I don't complain that much."

"You're getting close."

"Am not!"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Megatron said as he approached their shared quarters. The doors opened and shut automatically for them as Megatron walked right through.

"A story helps me sleep."

"Oh Primus, would you shut up about the story?"

"I'll shut up about it if you finish it." Amal shot back as he placed the six year old down on her bed. The Warlord crossed his arms while looking down at her, looking unamused.

Amal looked right back at him and copied him with no hesitation, sticking her lip out to pout as extra effect. Megatron scoffed. "Don't mock me."

"Don't mock me."

The Warlord narrowed his eyes.

"Amalgamous—"

"Amalgamous!"

The blonde haired girl smirked.

"I'm warning you."

"I'm warnin—AHHH."

Megatron grabbed the girl, swinging her up and throwing her into the air with impressive height, grinning as she screamed the entire time before she landed back in his arms with Megatron holding her by the waist sideway in his arms, her face going toward the ground.

She panted heavily out of fear and partly thrill of it. "I hate you." She mumbled as the Warlord adjusted her so that she was clinging to the front of him with her legs wrapping around his waist. Megatron chuckled as he sat down with her and she poked his chest.

"Tell. Me. The. Rest. Of. The. Story." She said with every jab to his chest. The Warlord sighed dramatically. "I suppose I could continue with it." Amal lit up before crawling off his lap and sitting near where her pillow were. She eagerly patted the spot next to her with a giant grin on her face that made the Decepticon leader roll his eyes once again.

Megatron propped himself up into the spot she had offered, leaning back against the headboard of the bed frame with her sitting next to him, eagerly waiting for him to start talking.

"Now, where was I—?"

"You were at the part where Pipebuster lunged you when you were caught off guard!" Amal said excitedly and Megatron hummed in thought. "Oh, you won't care to know what happened." He said with a wave of his Holoform's hand and Amal's eyes widened.

"Tell me, tell me, tell me! Did you rip his spark out? Did you plunge your sword into his Tank? Did his helm get sliced off?"

Megatron continued to look deep in thought. "I don't quite remember I think." He drawed on with the teasing until Amal let out a yell dramatically and flopped onto her back.

"I'm dying to know, Megatron." She said with her hand on her head for dramatic affect and the Warlord chuckled.

"As he lunged at me when I had my back turned—"

Amal sat up excitedly with wide eyes full of eagerness to know the rest of the story. Megatron smirked. "—he made the mistake of thinking an experienced gladiator like myself would think of somebody being finished off so quickly."

"So what did you do?" Amal whispered with curiousness in her voice. Megatron gazed at her for a moment, his spark warming at the sight of her eagerness to know if his Kaon stories.

Knockout had advised him many times to not tell her them, but the young girl always wanted to hear more every time her and Megatron had free time. It was a tradition they had started since she had learned to walk and talk basically, and he never wanted to disappoint her.

What did make his processor see where Knockout was coming from was when Amal expressed how she wanted to be a warrior like him one day. And while Megatron had thought about using her to an advantage when she was much older, it also made him thinking of the downsides of doing so.

The not so good ones.

"I unleashed my blade and turned whilst raising it, his processor going straight through it." Megatron said and Amal let out a 'whoa'. "Gladiator shish-kabob." She whispered and Megatron let out a laugh.

"Do not let Knockout hear you say that, or she'll have my helm for teaching you everything I know."

Amal nodded before plopping into the place under his outstretched arm and the former Gladiator wrapped it around her in a tight hold, allowing her to grip onto it as she yawned. The blonde haired girl looked up at him with her big, blue eyes.

"Will you tell me another one?"

Megatron raised his eyebrows. "You'll fall asleep again, and then beg tomorrow for me to finish." Amal fiddled with the Warlord's fingers with a sheepish smile.

"Your stories always help me sleep."

Megatron snorted, thinking back to the most violent stories he had told her and noticed halfway through that she was sound asleep.

"You're strange."

"I've been told." Amal said with a grin as she looked back up at him. Megatron simply rolled his eyes and pulled her closer, relaxing as she curled up under his hold.

"Megs?"

"Yes, Amalgamous?"

"Do you think I could be a gladiator one day?"

Megatron hesitated, his mind flashing back for a moment before he brought himself back to reality as Amal threw her hands up for dramatic effect as she spoke.

"I wanna be the best gladiator on Earth! Maybe even on Cybertron. I wanted everybody to know that Amalgamous can kick ass!" Megatron chuckled before shushing her as she yawned.

"And maybe one day you will be."

"If I have a good teacher." Amal said tiredly with her eyes looking at him again. Megatron hummed as he watched he shrink down lower with her eyes dropping and opening from her tiredness.

"Maybe one day, Amalgamous."

He watched her slowly fall asleep.

"Maybe one day."