Chapter 98

After watching over the baby for what turned into the rest of the night, Knockout frequently requested Megatron's presence when she was away from the baby, with her excuse being 'she's the calmest around you', which was true in fact.

Even when it was Knockout who had been feeding and caring for her since they had found her basically, she seemed to love Megatron's presence the most.

Eventually, Knockout got Megatron's holoform working, along with the others, so he didn't have to sit uncomfortably to watch the tiny human, and she would find him sitting in front of the small basket that the human spent her days napping and just laying in.

Megatron sighed as he was gazing at the baby, who cooed happily up at him and reached toward him. He cocked an eyebrow as she let out a faint whine when he didn't immediately comply to her wishes.

She noticed the facial expression and dropped her hands slowly, her face scrunching up suddenly and Megatron realized she was trying to copy him.

"Are you mocking me?"

"Are you—talking—to a—baby?" Megatron jumped slightly before turning to see Soundwave walking toward him in her new holoform. "No." He defended himself quickly and he knew the silent femme was rolling his eyes behind her sunglasses as she kneeled next to him.

She looked at the baby, and Megatron realized that Soundwave hadn't met the young human yet properly, only a quick glance when they first brought her on the ship.

"Cute." Soundwave's walkie talkie said from her belt in Breakdown's voice as she reached out to the baby. The girl giggled and grabbed her finger, trying to chew on it. Soundwave gently pulled it away to prevent her from doing so, but made up for it with a quick boop to the baby girl's nose.

The girl giggled at the action and Soundwave did it again and she let out another laugh. Megatron looked at his third in command.

"When did you get good with sparklings?"

Soundwave looked at him and he knew she was giving him a look. Megatron rolled his eyes before Soundwave's walkie talkie went off.

"A—name?"

Megatron thought for a moment. "I don't think we'll need to think of one." He said as the door to the lab opened and ped steps sounded through the room.

"Think of what, boss?" Breakdown asked as he came in with shards of Energon in his servo, Starscream snagging one from him to snack on.

"Name." Soundwave said while pointing at the baby. "Oh, yes! How about Sundodger? Or Nightbreaker? Or maybe—" Megatron cut off the blue mech. "We're not naming her."

Breakdown looked sad. "Why not?" He whined and Megatron shook his head. "You'll get attached!"

"You're attached!"

"I am not!"

Starscream gazed sassily at him. "Then tell us the last Energon reports of the last few days." Megatron squinted at him in annoyance. "I hate you." He mumbled and his second in command rolled his optics.

"Exactly! Now I vote for Nightbreaker—!"

"If we're going to name her something, it can't be stupid." Megatron said and Breakdown yelled something while pointing at the holoform of the Decepticon leaded.

"So you are attached!"

"Whatever. Nightbreaker is just a dumb designation." Megatron said and Knockout sighed. "Then you name her, since she loves you so much. I think it's appropriate." Knockout said and the others nodded in agreement, making Megatron sigh in defeat.

He gazed at the young girl, who cooed happily when he gave her his hand to hold onto. "Man, if she's survived this long without being scared while having to see Starscream's face, she can survive anything!" Starscream punched Breakdown in the arm, making him snicker.

"She's tough. Tough enough to survive anything probably." And a light bulb went off in Megatron's head.

"I think I got it."

He showed a faint smirk as the baby smiled up at him.

"Amalgamous."