Chapter 78

Amal limped into the main room after waking up to loud beeping coming from the monitors. "What's happening?" She asked, wincing with every step on her bad leg. "The sensors detected someone outside again. We thought it was another kid or old lady who wants to throw her garbage away for the millionth time. But nope—" Chip said from the chair in front of the monitor.

"Somebody's wanting in."

"Well, who?" Spike asked and his husband shrugged. "Beats me." His husband said as Spike leaned over the chair and stared at the beeping monitor. "It just beeps when there's motion outside, it's been doing it for like an hour." Chip told him and Spike sighed.

"Let's figure out who it is then."

~

Spike opened up another entrance to the room, a fake storm drain cover, peeking his head out and spotted the main entrance that was hidden by the garbage bins. He frowned as he saw no one around it before pushing the drain cover off and hopping out.

"Cost is clear. That's weird."

He helped Optimus out and covered the drain again, locking it tight. "Maybe it was a faulty wiring." Spike suggested before hearing footsteps behind him.

"Faulty wiring my star spangled shorts."

Spike whipped around with his gun raised while Optimus smiled slightly as he turned around, resting his hand on Spike's gun to lower it. "It is alright, Spike. He is a friend."

Fowler looked unamused. "It's about time you came out. I was looking to where in the hell you were for an hour." He said while approaching the two. Optimus and him shook hands as Fowler's expression softened.

"Good to see you, Prime." Optimus nodded. "The same for you, Agent Fowler." The Prime motioned to Spike. "This is Spike, a human ally we had before finally running into your government." Optimus introduced and the two shook hands.

"Not bad instincts...for a Marine." Fowler reader and Spike rolled his eyes. "Definitely Army Ranger, huh?" He guessed and Fowler nodded with a smirk. "Typical." Spike 'tsk'd'.

"So, wanna explain what happened?" Fowler asked and Optimus nodded before Spike motioned to the garbage cans.

"How about inside where it's cool?"

~

"Agent Fowler, son of a bitch!" Amal said as she spun around in her chair. The former Army Ranger smiled as he approached her and they shook hands. "Glad to your alive, kid. You guys had us worried here." Amal smiled faintly as Fowler sighed.

"I'm sorry about Megatron, kid. I know how much he meant to you." Amal got a pained look in her eyes and she nodded. "Thank you, Fowler. It means a lot." The government agent patted her shoulder.

"We'll avenge him, don't worry kid."

Fowler didn't realize just how much him saying that meant to Amal. Just months prior, the Autobots and the humans had hated the idea of working with the Decepticons. And now, they were mourning them, and giving condolences about them missing in action.

It warmed her spark a lot. It made her feel as though they were all whole again.

That they were truly believing what Optimus Prime had once said.

That they were one.

Agent Fowler looked at Optimus and opened his mouth with a saddened look on his face.

"Now, what happened back there?"

~

"So...Unicron is trying to take over your planet?"

Jack nodded to the young Autobot who said "wow." In response. "That's crazy. Who would've thought?" Smokescreen said with nervous laugh. "I know right." Jack cracked a smile in return.

"Now, we're just trying to find the others." Arcee said as she approached the two talking at the table in the back of the ship. Smokescreen nodded. "How many others are there?"

"Four Autobots, two human allies." Smokescreen's eyes widened at the black haired boy. "There are more of you guys? Cool!" He said excitedly while Jack looked confused and Smokescreen noticed.

"I'm curious about your species. We never get to learn much about you guys." Smokescreen said and Jack nodded, still a bit weirded out as he thought they weren't that interesting of a species compared to giant, transforming robots.

"We are approaching the next set of coordinates, there are two signals here."

Jack jumped off the table, expecting to land on the floor, only to be caught by Arcee. "I can stick that landing now, ya know?" He said as she carried him toward the exit panel. She looked at him sheepishly.

"Force of habit." She said as they landed slowly and that's when she caught sight of the Harbinger and she smiled.

"Man, they're clever." She said as Ultra Magnus approached. "You know this place?" He asked and both Arcee and Jack nodded. "We've searched the Harbinger a few times before. Abandoned Decepticon tech." Jack told him and Ultra Magnus nodded as he stepped onto the panel.

Smokescreen hurriedly hopped on as it started to lower and bounced excitedly until the panel hit the ground. "Keep your optics open. There could be Decepticons lurking." Jack and Arcee shared a look like somebody from the Office staring into the camera before Arcee placed him on the ground and transformed her servos into blasters before following Ultra Magnus.

Jack jogged ahead and looked into the warship. "Looks abandoned to me." He said, looking back at the Autobots he was with before a battle cry erupted from the hallway of the ship and he was tackled.

Ultra Magnus fired up his blasters, about to shoot but was stopped by Arcee shoving them down after transforming her blasters back into her servos.

"Rafael!" She said with a laugh as Jack threw off the 'attacker'. Raf landed off the the side with an 'oof' just as Bumblebee came running from down the hallway. His optics whirred in surprise and happiness.

"ARCEE! JACK!" The scout practically tackled the motorcycle into a hug, lifting her up and jumping around. "Oh, thank primus you're alive!" He said, shaking her. "Bumblebee, I'm happy to see you too but my tanks are gonna empty." She said and the scout said "oh." Before setting her down gently.

Arcee wobbled for a second before standing straighter and smiling at Bumblebee. "It's so great to see you in one piece." Bumblebee whirred happily before picking up Jack and chirping, getting a smile from the black haired boy. "Good to see you too, Bumblebee."

"What is going on—?" Ratchet stopped at the entrance of the ship and smiled at what he saw. "Ratchet!" Jack said excitedly. "Oh thank primus." He whispered as Arcee approached him. "You're alive." He breathed out happily, not being able to contain his smile.

"Thank the commander for that." She said, thumbing behind her. The Autobot doctor followed her gaze and stared in shock. "Ultra Magnus!" He breathed out loudly. The commander nodded.

"Doctor." He said simply as he approached them. Raf and Jack were embracing each other in a hug, with Raf sheepishly apologizing for tackling the black haired boy. Smokescreen approached and Ratchet frowned.

"Who's this?" He asked and Smokescreen grinned. "Smokescreen, sir!" He said proudly and Bumblebee approached to start talking to him.

"Thank the allspark you're here. We've been attempting to communicate with somebody." Ratchet explained and Arcee frowned. "How? Unicron's army would trace you most likely." Ratchet shook his helm. "The Harbinger is a ship like no other. It's almost impossible to trace a call from there, but since it's been sitting for long, it's seems almost impossible to get a call through. Luckily with help from the—"

"Ratchet what's happening out here?" A voice said, appearing from the shadows. Ultra Magnus laid his optics on the voice and immediately whipped out his blasters, a glare written on his face as he aimed the blasters at Breakdown. Jack face palmed while Arcee sighed heavily. "Scrap."

"What? Was it something I said?"