Chapter 89

"So, anything on the news channels about Jasper yet?"

"No. Nothing. I don't know what Unicron is planning, but it can't be good." Ratchet explained and Jack nodded. "He must be waiting until we come out so he can take over Earth with no problems." Starscream said as he crossed his arms and stared at the computer screens.

"So, what should we do while we wait." Miko asked. "We should find another place to move. I don't like being in the same place for such a long time." Ratchet said with a grumble. "Yea, it makes it easier for us to pinpoint when we stand in the same place at once." Breakdown stayed as he chewed on his holoforms nails, making Knockout smack his hand.

"Shockwave, do you have any more labs we could travel to?" Arcee asked and the scientist thought. "I have a few in mind, some unfinished, but a good place for shelter." He stated and Optimus thought for a moment.

"Then perhaps we should have some stay here, so we can have access to easy technology." The Prime said. Amal appeared from the hallway slowly, grunting in the slight discomfort she felt in her chest but determined to walk around to help her recovery process.

"Who would stay?"

Optimus thought as he gazed around for a moment. "Raf, Bumblebee, and Breakdown." He said and the three nodded. "Are you sure, Optimus?" Arcee asked and the Prime nodded.

"Raf is quite familiar with our language and our technology, I trust he can help us from here, with the protection of Breakdown and Bumblebee." Raf smiled shyly at the compliment and nodded happily as his guardian gave a thumbs up.

"My next closest lab is located in the state of North Carolina." Shockwave said and Optimus nodded. "Then we shall head out once we have gathered everything we need to get there."

"Like what?"

For starters, more Energon. I'm starved." Breakdown said as everyone nodded in agreement. "There's probably more in the mountains where we had been digging. Knockout and I will go find some more." Arcee said and Optimus nodded in approval.

"We can probably get everything done by tomorrow." Miko stated. Optimus nodded again. "Then if we can, we roll out at dawn." The Prime said and everyone nodded before scattering.

"Optimus."

Optimus turned to see Amal standing behind him with big puppy dog eyes. "Can I please go outside to stretch my legs?" She asked and the Prime looked hesitant before Miko, Jack, and Raf walked up.

"We'll go with her." Miko said as she placed her hands on Amal's shoulders and also gave puppy dog eyes. Jack rolled his own eyes at them while Raf smiled slightly.

"Pleaseeeee? We'll only be like fifteen minutes." Amal begged and Optimus sighed. "Very well." He caved in and Amal grinned. "Cmon, cmon, cmon, cmon—" she said eagerly and she tried to go as fast as she could to the entrance with the other three humans following quickly as the Prime watched them with a gentle smile, glad to see them having some sort of fun in the dark times upon them.

~

"He's almost ready, my lord."

Unicron gazed at his doctor, grinning. "Good, Needlescale." He said lowly as the table began to rise with the body of a dead Cybertronian on it. "Awaken him." Unicron whispered and Needlescale nodded.

"Yes, my lord."

The doctor flicked the lever and a jolt of electricity racked through the Cybertronian's body and its optics snapped open and a war cry erupted from its mouth as it snapped the chains that was holding it down and lunged forward at Unicron.

Needlescale transformed out of fear into a large, Cyber Gecko and flashed his white scales at the revived Cybertronian, hissing in anger.

"Stop." Unicron said before the Cybertronian could touch him. The Cybertronian stopped immediately and lowered his weapon to his side before sliding it back into his arm, a blank stare on his face plates.

"No need to worry."

Unicron stepped forward and tapped the purple optics of the Cybertronian.

"We're on the same side, Megatron."