Chapter 86

Amalgamous shot up suddenly, taking in a huge gulp of air a pair of hands held her right side and another held her left. After breathing in so heavily, she coughed aggressively, realizing how weak and feeble she felt all of a sudden.

"Amalgamous!"

The blonde haired girl was hugged quickly, yet gently as she breathed heavily, trying to process her surroundings as she did so. "Fucking Christ." She coughed out and she was let go of finally, making her able to see who had hugged her.

"June. When the hell did you get here? What happened—?" Amal rubbed her right side of her chest. "Why does my chest hurt? Did an face hugger get me?" She asked weakly as she looked around.

"Amal, you had a heart attack." The young girl looked at Ratchet scoffed. "Ratch, I'm not that old." She coughed, still clutching her chest. "It happened because your heart was so stressed out with having to handle not only your blood, but the Energon as well." Ratchet explained as he gently urged her to lay back down.

Amal obeyed since she felt so tired and weak. "Oh. Whack." She said as Optimus came into her view, looking tired. "What happened to you, Prime?" She asked jokingly and he gave a small smile and shook his head slightly.

"You died, Amal. For thirty minutes." Ratchet said quietly. "I know." Amal whispered faintly and the Cybertronians and nurse around her frowned.

"You knew?"

Amal nodded as sighed heavily, suddenly getting teary eyed. "I saw him, guys. He was standing only a couple feet from me before I—before I woke..." she trailed off, sniffling and Optimus rested a hand on her head, running his fingers through her hair comfortingly.

"Now he knows he can rest easy, knowing you're alive and safe." Optimus said with a sad smile and Amal could've sworn she saw faint tears in his eyes. "I tried to tell him...I tried to tell him I loved him, but I woke up." She whispered, choking back a sob.

"I didn't get to tell him." She murmured and wiped her eyes as Ratchet rested a hand on her arm, giving it a comforting rub as June rested another hand on her head. "Trust me, Amalgamous..." Optimus whispered.

"He knows."

~

Ratchet walked out to the main room, wiping off his hands. The Cybertronians and humans in the room looked up, looking worried for the news. Starscream stood up quickly and raced to him. "Well—?" He asked faintly and Ratchet smiled.

"She'll be fine."

That's all Starscream needed to hear before engulfing the Autobot medic into a gigantic hug, and Ratchet didn't seem to mind. "Ratchet, you're a miracle worker." Miko said as she joined in the hug.

"It wasn't all me. I couldn't have done it without June." Ratchet said as the woman walked up with a faint smile on her face. Breakdown pulled her into a bone crushing hug before setting her down, looking at her and saying "thank you."

June smiled. "Anything for friends." She said with a nod and Knockout joined up next to her sparkmate. "What happened? How'd you do it?" Spike asked as he walked up.

"Amal's heart stopped completely, and when we went in, we found out the Energon wasn't flowing after her spark stopped obviously and so the human heart took its placing in flowing that, which wasn't bad in theory if it wasn't twice as many places it was pumping it into."

"Her heart couldn't handle the stress, no matter how strong Amal is. She lasted longer than one should." June said and the others nodded. "So, we managed to separate the Energon back into its own tube before we stopped her heart again and restarting it."

Everyone around him frowned. "Stopped it again?" Raf asked and Ratchet nodded. "After that, we stitched her back up and revived both her heart and spark with the spark jumper." Ratchet explained. "So, you had to stop her heart again in order to save her?" Knockout asked and both Ratchet and June nodded.

"With Cybertronian sparks, you wake immediately after being spark jumped. And we couldn't do one then do the other. So we decided to try doing both at the same time, and it worked. Amal's alive and well! A bit of a sore chest, but she'll recover." Ratchet explained with a smile.

"Thank the allspark." Breakdown whispered and June thumbed back behind her. "Why don't you guys go visit her? Hope you got flowers." She said and the Decepticons eagerly went back there.

June immediately embraced Miko and Raf into hugs after the Decepticons disappeared down the hallway, breathing out a sigh of relief. "I'm so glad you two are safe." She whispered and the two smiled as they pulled away a

"Yea, it's been a ride. We've got so much to tell you." Miko said excitedly and June smiled with a faint sadness of her face. Raf noticed and glanced behind her before looking back up at her and pointing behind her. She frowned and turned, immediately breathing out in relief.

Jack smiled sadly. "Hey mom." He said as he slowly walked toward her and June quickly hugged him, not ever wanting to let go again. A wave of comfort came over her again as she finally knew he was safe and she kissed the side of his head.

"Oh, I was so worried." She whispered as she pulled away and Jack smiled sheepishly. "I know. I wish I could've called, but you know...murderous Cybertronian after us." June smiled faintly and hugged him again.

Arcee approached near them with a smile on her face and June noticed her before pulling her into the hug. Arcee let out a 'oof' in surprise before slowly hugging the two Darby's.

June made eye contact with her.

"Thank you."