Chapter 47

"Wake up dumbass."

"Fuck off, dickweed."

"Ratchet said if you get up and ready in twenty minutes, we can get McDonald's."

Amalgamous shot up. "I'm up!" She said, scrambling out of bed. Jack chuckled. "Make sure you have everything cause we can't turn back." He told her and she rolled her eyes. "I am excellent at remembering things."

"I'm sure you are." Jack said sarcastically while he exited the room. Amal grumbled as she looked over at her multiple suitcases from the Nemesis when she had to move everything to live at the Autobot base.

The young girl wouldn't admit it, but she missed the ship. She wasn't used to being away for so long, and she missed talking to the Vehicons and practicing piloting the ship for when Soundwave was unavailable. It made her feel homesick.

Amal snapped out of her thoughts and walked over to her suitcases. She chucked all of her clothes out of one of them and began to pack the clothes she would need. 'And remember to dress nice for it. Maybe something...lady like. The humans like a good impression.' Amal grumbled at the thought of Knockout's words as she looked at the nice pair of skinny jeans she had and blouse with a suit jacket.

She sighed and shoved it neatly into her suitcase before putting all of her other clothes in there and changing into athletic shorts and large t-shirt. The young blonde zipped up everything and walked to her bathroom, grabbing her brush and running it through her hair before throwing a hat on.

She packed up all of her toiletries and walked over her room with her shoulder suitcase, making her way to the main room of the base where everyone was walking around, gettin ready to leave.

"You ready, sleepy-head?" Breakdown asked from where him and Knockout stood. Amal rolled her eyes. "So ready to talk to the people who lead the country and can potentially lock us up forever."

"That's the spirit!" The blue mech said, grinning. Amal rolled her eyes while the humans walked into the room. "So are you all driving?" Miko asked. Ratchet shook his head. "Optimus, Arcee, and Ratchet will be going with you. Bulkhead and Bumblebee will be staying behind along with Knockout, Soundwave, and Breakdown."

"That's a terrible idea."

"How so?" Jack asked Miko, cocking an eyebrow. "Two rivals in the same base together for like, a week? We'll come back to no base at all!" Miko pointed out, motioning to the two mechs already glaring daggers at each other.

"Bulkhead."

The wrecker looked at his leader, still a weary glare on his face. "I have full trust in you that you will be civil while we are away." Optimus told him, rather than asking. Bulkhead softened his gaze and huffed. "You can count on me. But if he does anything—"

"Breakdown will be peaceful, right?" Amal said, shooting at look at the giant mech. Breakdown went to argue until he saw the hard glare from Megatron that told him he didn't want to deal with anything like that. Breakdown grumbled. "Yea, yea. We'll be fine." Breakdown mumbled, rolling his optics.

"I trust we'll come back to the base in one piece." Ratchet mumbled. "We'll try to keep it that way." Knockout mumbled as Bumblebee jokingly saluted at Ratchet. Ratchet huffed and nodded.

"Are we ready?" Optimus asked the others. Everyone nodded. The Prime smiled slightly.

"Let us begin our trip then."

~

"Fucking love hashbrowns, man!"

Amal stuffed her hashbrown between the plain biscuit from McDonalds and bite into it. "Could you not get crumbs in my interior? They're a pain to get out." Megatron complained, crossing his holoforms arms from the drivers seat. Amal smirked and dusted her hands off onto the floor.

"I'm so sorry for that. Didn't mean to do it." She said sarcastically. Megatron rolled his holoform's eyes and grabbed the egg McMuffin from the McDonald's bag and unwrapped it. "You're an aft."

"Takes one to know one."

"Yea, definitely from Starscream."

"Hey!"

"Oh you have your com on now?" Amal called out to Starscream while staring at the radio where the seekers voice erupted from. "Yes, in case something is to go wrong." Starscream told them. "Ease dropper." Amal scoffed and Megatron rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. How much longer?"

"Babes, we've been on the road for like...two hours. We got a long day drive to go." Amal told the impatient seeker. Starscream grumbled through the radio before a sudden static hit then cut out, indicating the seekers turned off his com.

"What a diva." Amal said, finishing off her breakfast. "You said it." Megatron mumbled, starting on his second choice of breakfast, some hashbrowns. "I should've never introduced you to fast food. You cost a lot of money." Amal said, pulling out a pancake box. "You get the exact same amount."

"I'm a growing girl."

Megatron snickered and poked her stomach. "Growing alright." He teased, making her swat his hand away. "Rude." She stuck her tongue out at him as he chuckled and finished his hashbrowns.

"So, do you have to talk to the Director?"

Megatron thought for a second before nodding. "I would assume so." He mumbled, pulling out a biscuit. "What're you going to say?" Amal asked curiously. Megatron pauses mid bite for a second.

"I...don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Amal exclaimed. "I've never had to talk to humans other than you and the Autobot's allies." Megatron told her. "So? It's the exact same. Except these ones could ban you from this planet and possibly kill you." Amal said simply as Megatron stared at her with a 'really?' gaze.

"What? I'm being truthful!" Amal admitted. Megatron sighed and put his biscuit down. "What am I supposed to say? 'I almost destroyed your world. I disappeared and came back with a substance that is based off a legend on our planet of a God who destroys worlds, but then I got captured by Autobots and now I want to help save your planet?'"

"Well, not exactly like that." Amal said, making Megatron growl in annoyance. "Start off with the simple stuff, your leadership position, how you came to be the leader of the Decepticons. Be truthful." Amal told him and Megatron looked even more annoyed as he opened his mouth.

"Yes like that's any better. 'I lead an army of beings that destroyed millions. I am the destroyer of those who defy me, I'm the best gladiator in the Pits of Koan, I am Megatronu—'" The Warlord stopped abruptly, inhaling sharply. Amal softened her gaze.

"Megs—"

The Decepticon leaders holoform disappeared in an instant and the truck suddenly lurched forward as he sped up. Amal slouched in her seat quietly and continued to munch on her breakfast through the silence in the air, almost so tense someone could cut it with a knife.

And they continued on down the highway with Optimus leading the pack, letting the silence comfort them for a long while, hoping that somehow this meeting would send them home, for good.