Chapter 61

"Amalgamous, if you get up one more time—"

"Ratchet, if I have to go back in that stupid bed one more time, I'm going to take your exhaust and ram it straight up your—"

Amal was stopped by a strong arm grabbing her around the waist and picking her up with ease. "Optimus, if you don't let me down right now, I'm going to suffocate you with this stupid gown." Amal threatened as the Prime walked with her to the bed she had just managed to get out of.

"And if you don't stay in bed, I will handcuff you to it." Ratchet snapped back. Amal narrowed her eyes at him and scoffed while Optimus set her down on the bed gently. "You don't even have a pair of handcuffs."

Ratchet smirked and held up a pair that he pulled out of his pocket and Amal looked surprised. "Ratchet...I didn't know you were into that."

"Would you just shut up and lay down?" Megatron said, pushing her down against her pillow. "But I'm bored, Megs! I wanna fight the soldiers again!"

"Again?"

"I challenged them, they accepted, I kicked their asses." Amal said as Ratchet stuck her IV back in, making her wince. "Ouch! Watch it, Grumpy Pants." Ratchet rolled his eyes. "Maybe if you hadn't pulled it, I would be so grumpy." The medic said before sighing.

"Amal, if you would just stay still, let me run test and be patient, you will be out of here soon. Getting your spark rate up could cause something terrible if that shock from Megatron shifted some pipes or organs."

Amal huffed while crossing her arms as she started to feel the effects of the IV, knowing she was probably going to fall asleep again since her blood system could run the fluids through faster. "Fine." She mumbled bitterly before yawning. She looked at the Decepticon leader that stood to the right of her bed and stretched her arms out to him.

Megatron rolled his purple eyes before sitting on the side of the bed and letting her hug him before wrapping an arm around for comfort. The two Autobots turned around to face the computer, acting like they were working on it, when in reality they both glanced at each other with a surprised expression.

"I don't even know what to say." Ratchet whispered to Optimus. Optimus shrugged simply and the medic sighed quietly with an eye roll. "Optimus...maybe he has changed...look at him—" the two Autobots averted their gaze from each other to the bed that Amal laid in to see the Warlord rest his chin on top of her head and rub her arm while the young girl's eyes drooped lower and lower with each second that passed.

The Autobots looked at each other again and blinked before they both snuck out quietly, allowing the two Decepticons to lay in peace with the young girl falling asleep in the Warlords arms. Megatron slowly leaned back with her so he could stay there in comfort and so Amal wouldn't wake up cranky.

The Decepticon leader pulled her close as he started to imagine the future ahead of them after the message they had both received, and for the first time in his life, he suddenly began to worry. Not for his safety, or his troops safety and survival, though they were on his mind, but for Amal's own good.

He had never had to worry about her against other cybertronians, but now possibly the chaos bringer? He didn't know what to expect. And it scared him.

The girl under his arm hugged it tighter, which return he brought her closer so she could have the warmth and comfort of his own. The warlord looked at the young girl sleeping peacefully before bringing his head down on top of hers and placing a gentle kiss on top of her head before leaning his head back against the pillow and shutting his eyes to fall into another deep sleep he desperately needed.