Chapter 147

"Megs is a PRIME?"

"No fucking way."

"A Decepticon becoming a Prime? That's—"

Megatron didn't even hear any of the words being said about his 'promotion' as he stared at his long friend and former enemy.

"Me?" He asked in disbelief, his own finger motion to himself. Optimus nodded as Amal lit up. "Megs that's awesome! That means you've truly redeemed yourself, right? Why would Primus make you a Prime if he didn't believe you were fit for it?" Amal said, bounding up to him.

"It seems so." Optimus said and couldn't contain the faint smile on his face. Megatronus blinked as he looked at the girl he had raised, who was grinning up at him.

"Aren't you happy?" She asked and the former Warlord blinked again. "I...don't know." He answered truthfully and Amalgamous frowned.

"What do you mean? Isn't this what you wanted oh so long ago?"

"Yes, maybe eons ago but I gave it up."

"For what?"

"For you, Amalgamous." Megatronus said, grabbing onto her shoulders and it was Amal's turn to blink in surprise.

"Oh."

"Why do you think we agreed to help the Autobots when this first started? Because you truly cared about them I realized, and maybe a part of me cared them too but I knew if I were to try anything on them you would be crushed."

Amal simply stared in surprise at the words being told to her.

"That's why I gave up on my sought for power. For you. It's all been for you, Amalgamous."

The new Prime couldn't hold back the faint tears in her eyes as she looked into the former Warlord's now bright blue eyes.

"He's right Amal."

The blonde haired girl turned to the long time Prime who came up next to her. "If it hadn't been for you in that mine years ago, we wouldn't have been able to reunite or revive Cybertron like we have now."

All the Cybertronians and humans around were smiling, some with tears in their eyes, as they looked at the girl that had come up with such a plan to save their home planet.

"Everything is thanks to you Amal. We are forever in your debt."

"Cmon guys, I can't take all the—"

"Amal—"

The blonde haired girls eyes widened and she hid behind Megatronus. "He found me." She whispered as Ratchet's holoform stood in the doorway with his arms crossed before approaching next to the former warlord.

"—like I said, you saved earth and Cybertron...us Cybertronians never thought we'd be able to call something home again and then we found Earth, and you humans—" Ratchet smiled faintly.

"—and then to have it taken away again...it was a nightmare I thought would never end until I saw all my brothers and sisters on that battlefield with you leading them...so shut up and take the stupid praises!" Ratchet said with a hand resting on her head and Amal couldn't help but beam with pride with tears in her eyes and her head high.

"Now, get back to bed before I whoop your ass into the next galaxy."

"Aw, Ratch, cmon—!"

Megatronus scooped up Amal in his arms and turned to carry her in the direction of her hospital bed. Optimus followed as the other Cybertronians and humans waved.

"We'll stop by later with good food, don't worry." Jack called to Amal and she gave a thumbs up before her, Megatronus, Optimus and Ratchet disappeared around the corner.

Walking down the hall, Amal rest her cheek upon Meg's shoulder, hugging his neck as she realized just how tired she was from probably all the medication and repairs done to her body.

Optimus appeared in her line of sight, making her give a small teethless smile to him and he returned it with a bigger one.

"Hey Primey."

"I believe that nickname can't work very well now just for me."

"Eh, i'll still stick with it." Amal shrugged as they entered her room and Optimus rolled his eyes. Megatronus placed her on her bed and she pouted sitting on the edge of it.

"I actually let you be out for longer than I should've so if you don't lay down in that bed right now—"

"Okay! I'm laying, I'm laying! Relax!" Amal said, crawling under the covers with a pout. Optimus plopped down in the chair next to the bed with a grin, Megatronus forming one too.

Ratchet shoved an IV into her arm, much to Amal's dismay but she soon began to grow more and more tired as Ratchet finally left the three alone to go attend to other humans and Cybertronians outside the hospital.

Optimus was surprisingly the first to fall asleep in the chair next to the bed and Amal commented on it. "Wow. I didn't think Prime's actually got sleep." She joked quietly to Megatronus, who sat beside her on the bed with his legs dangling off the edge.

"Optimus is tired. You've been out for two weeks, so you missed the fun aftermath of us calming down the humans when we came back through. Luckily your leaders were amongst them and settled them down. Then it was up to Optimus for all the paperwork, as you humans put it, and to keep the peace as we figured out what we needed to do to get Earth and Cybertron not only back to normal but to coexist."

"Coexist?" Amal said in surprise. "It is a long process, but Optimus suggested a peace treaty. I will explain more later but you need to rest." Amal scoffed and laid against her pillow. "I've been out for two weeks. I don't need to rest." She mumbled despite her eyes feeling heavier by the second.

"Amalgamous." Megatronus said sternly with a hand cupping the side of her face. Amal leaned into it, sighing.

"Fine, fine. Whatever."

She scooted over slightly as Megs let go of her face, patting the now open spot next to her. Megatronus smiled faintly and took the spot, wrapped an arm around her as they laid back.

"Megs."

"Yes?"

"Why'd you do it?"

Megatronus looked at her, their eyes meeting. "What do you mean, Amalgamous?" The blonde haired girl swallowed. "Why did you sacrifice yourself when Unicron first attacked us? Why did you stay behind?"

The mechs spark dropped as he saw the sadness in his best friends eyes. "I—" He suddenly couldn't find the words and Amal could tell, simply wrapped her arms around his torso and resting her head on his shoulder.

"It's okay. You don't have to answer." She whispered before slowly drifting to sleep as Megatronus remained awake, a gentle hand running through the sleeping girls hair slowly as he stared off at nothing in particular.

The former warlord turned and looked at his sleeping long time friend, who for the first time in years looked peaceful where he sat with his chest slowly rising up and down.

Megatronus turned back to the girl next to him and placed a gentle kiss onto her forehead, holding her head in his hand for a moment as if it would disappear any moment before resting his cheek upon her head.

"I love you too, Amalgamous."