Chapter 22

"So, I was 6 months old, and I was just chilling there in a scrap yard, with a bunch of car parts and what not, as babies do obviously." Bumblebee snickered. "Anyways, so apparently there was an Energon signal from where I was, a big one, and so the Decepticons arrived to check it out."

"Well, the weird thing is, they didn't find any Energon. Not a single trace. They ended up finding this adorable face." Amal grinned before continuing.

"They were all really, really confused. Starscream and Megatron came up to me, and when I saw them I apparently got really happy and curious. Megatron like, reached his digit out and I just kinda...latched onto it. When he tried to pull away, I started crying apparently and they all got even more confused. So, to shut me up, Megatron had to let me hold his digit while they searched around and figured out what to do."

"Well, they called Knockout down and she was fond of me and practically begged Megatron to bring me with them. She used the old excuse about 'wanting to study the humans up close' but in reality, her carrier instincts kicked in and she couldn't bear to leave a defenseless creature."

"So, Megatron finally gave in. And the more I grew up, the closer we got. He taught me Cybertronian, how to fight, how to walk, talk, pretty much everything. It was something none of the Decepticons expected him to do, but he did. Sometimes I think he wanted to become a sire, but then the war happened and he just couldn't bring himself to, or have anyone to have sparklings with." Amal said truthfully, looking glum.

Amal sighed. "They're not bad. They've never been bad to me. You wanna know something? Megatron never told me about you guys till I was about 8. Even then, he never said anything bad. He told me you were at a war with each other, and that was it. He never said you were bad, or wrong or anything along those lines. I didn't know why, when I found out all the stuff he used to say until I got older."

"Used to?" Amal looked at Bumblebee, who was listening closely. "I think it's because he wants it over." She said as she lifted her head up. Bumblebee arched his optic ridges. "What over?" Amal blinked, a hopeful look in her eyes.

"I think he wants to end this war, Bumblebee."

~

It was silent in the Autobot base as they thought deeply as they stood in the main room of the base. Megatron and Starscream were sat on the railing while Soundwave stood next to Megatron, glancing at the Autobots wearily. Megatron motioned for her to relax. Soundwave crossed her arms, shifting closer to him, the opposite direction of the Autobots.

"Are you going to say something or is this how you Autobots cope with bad news?" Megatron questioned. "Shut it." Optimus motioned for Arcee to calm down as she glared at the warlord.

"Well, we need to do something in case we are right about the Predacons returning by—" Megatron stopped when there was the loud sound of the human door opening, that was located near the opening wall on the side of the canyon.

The Autobots stopped, expressions dropping to a look of fear. "What?" Starscream asked quietly, frowning as he crossed his arms. "You did tell them, right?" Arcee asked Ratchet. Ratchet opened his mouth but quickly shut it.

"Oh my primus, Ratchet, please tell me you didn't—" "hey! Guys! You forgot about us for like a week. Jack's mom made us finish the last two weeks before returning. We figured we'd come by to see what's the big deal about forgetting us." Miko called as her, Jack and Raf came into view from down the hallway.

The Autobots looked fearful as the Decepticons almost laughed.

"What? Why's everyone's so scared?"

~

Bumblebee looked shocked. "Do you really think so?" He asked. Amal nodded. "He always tells me about Cybertron being beautiful and missing it. I think he really just wants to go back home." Amal told the scout.

They sat there in silence for a bit before Bumblebee spoke. "How do you know he'll end it? And go back home?" Amal didn't respond for a second before turning to look at him.

"Bumblebee, I need to tell you something."

~

Megatron and Starscream swung their legs back over and stood to their feet, forming smiles on their faces. "I can't believe they forgot to tell their humans friends about us." Megatron whispered to Starscream as Soundwave walked up to the left of him.

"We have new humans with us! Are you apart of the military? With Agent Fowler? How many Decepticons have you beaten? Have you ever—" Miko ran up the stairs, grinning widely, curious know who the new people in the base was.

"What's your name? Are you the only woman in your unit thing? Have you ever—" Miko continued, her questions moving to Soundwave. The silent Decepticon shuffled behind Megatron uncomfortably.

"Miko, get back here." Bulkhead went to grab her when Megatron snickered quietly. "Oh, you humans really know how to be nosey, don't you?"

Out of shock and fear, Miko fell on her butt to the floor, her mouth gaping in shock. Bulkhead grabbed Miko, bringing her away from them. Jack took a step back from where he was, and Raf gripped onto his shirt out of fear.

"Is that—"

"The warlord? The destruction enforcer? Decepticon leader? Indeed, Jackson." Megatron grinned, leaning against the railing. Jack looked at the Autobots as Miko gripped Bulkhead's digit harshly.

"Why is he here?" Jack forced out, despite the fear and confusion in his mind and his heart racing faster than normal.

"Because of me."