Chapter 63

"Amalgamous, you must be more careful, another fall could push your tanks into one of your human organs, then it would—"

"Ratchet, I'm fine. I've handled a lot worse." Amal said, huffing and crossing her arms from her bed. Ratchet sighed heavily as he recorded her vital signs. "Do you give Knockout this much trouble?" Ratchet mumbled. "Yup. All the time. No offense, but I hate doctor stuff."

"I'm sure there's a story behind everything." The Autobot medic mumbled before looking up at Amal, who was staring off at the other side of the room with a hard look on her face.

"Amal?"

The blonde haired girl looked at the medic and met the softened expression on his face. He placed his clipboard down.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Amal sighed, twiddling her thumbs in her lap. "Do you really wanna know?" Ratchet gave a gentle smile. "Amal, most beings do not know I used to be a—what's the human term? Therapist! I used to be a sort of therapist back in cybertron, you would not believe the things I heard." Amal perked up.

"Really?" The medic nodded. "Back when the war was raging, many bots returning from battle could barely handle what they saw. I had done a bit of it before the war, but I soon turned to life saving just before the war. So while I patched up those who needed it, I allowed them to pour their sparks out to me and aid them not only physically, but mentally."

Ratchet sighed. "Some of them, it saved them to talk about it, since they would return to me after that. But some...couldn't be saved. They went practically insane, and had to be discharged." Ratchet then looked at her. "And while I know that wouldn't be the case with you, Amalgamous, it is still unhealthy to keep in the emotions that bug you the most. So please, open your spark."

Amal hesitated. When she had first been revealed, it seemed to was number one on Ratchet's shit list with the glares she received. And now, he was offering her health. She was unsure to trust him, in fear of him using it against her in the future if they were to part ways.

"I won't tell anyone, Amal. Not even Megatron." Ratchet told her. Amal blinked before swallowing and opening her mouth.

"It's cause of the accident."

"Pardon?"

"I don't like medical stuff, because of the accident. Or well, after the accident." Amal started and Ratchet nodded. "I was out for a mouth after it happened, and when I woke up, I left the room once before I was forced onto bed rest for over a month." Amal fiddled with her bed sheets.

"I, uh, didn't like it much. Mostly cause it was boring, but also because it reminded me that I was changed now. That I wasn't really human anymore, that my life was changed now and I had to adapt." Amal suddenly smiled a bit. "I didn't realize my own strength for awhile until I finally picked up a metal container and crushed it. That was awesome."

Ratchet chuckled slightly alongside her. "Despite having the best medics I could ask for, I guess I just hate it cause of the memories it reminds me of. Though I joke about it a lot now, it's still painful to think about. That I could've just died, or been in a life long coma, or just a vegetable—!" Ratchet cocked an eyebrow.

"Sorry, my dark humor popped out." Amal mumbled while running her fingers through her hair. "Well, if it reminds you so much of the repressed memories, why don't you try something to make you happy to occupy you? Distractions are the cure for gaining the trust of an unsettling situation." Amal shrugged.

"Well, usually Megs or Screams is nearby, so they're usually my distraction, but Fowler needed them for some weird reason with Optimus so I'm just kind of stuck here." Amal said with a shrug. Ratchet pushed his glasses up as he thought for a moment.

"What is a hobby you enjoy doing?"

Amal thought. "I like reading. I like to draw, and color—Oh! My favorite thing is playing video games! I loveeeee the Halo series." Ratchet had heard of it because of Raf and Jack explaining it to him awhile back. His only thought of the game was that he had never recalled the Halo rings ever being a danger when he last visited them.

Ratchet nodded before his monitor went off and he looked at it. "It seems Fowler needs me." He mumbled with a grumpy look on his face. He looked back at Amal. "Thank you for sharing with me, Amalgamous." Amal smiled as he turned and started to walk away.

"No Ratchet. Thank you."