Chapter 44

"Hahahahaha, no." Amal deadpanned, Megatron sighing. "Why did I know you were going to say that." Megatron murmured. "I don't do partners, other than this idiot, the second in command and the bigass blue truck. I don't do any other partner, let along a human partner."

"Amalgamous, you are the only one similar to him, this will make him feel more comfortable in his abilities." Optimus told her. "Like 100 times stronger and faster. I don't do slowing down for others, Optimus. I never have and I never will." Amal explained to the Autobot leader, crossing her arms.

"Then train him."

Amal looked at her best friend, unfolding her arms and frowning. "What?" He met her eyes. "Train him like I trained you." Megatron told her. Amal laughed. "I don't think he'd last." Megatron rolled his holoform's eyes. "Not as hard, but start easy and go from there. When you think he's ready, we'll put him out in the field to assist us."

Amal thought for a second before sighing. "Fine. I'll do it." Optimus smiled slightly as he rested his hands on her shoulders. "Thank you, Amalgamous." He said, giving her shoulder a reassuring squeeze. Amal smiled slightly. "Yea yea, whatever you dumb Autobot." She said, waving her hand. Optimus chuckled as he nodded at Megatron in thanks before brushing past them to find his teammates.

Megatron stood next to his human companion and sighed. "You said it." Amal murmured, making him chuckle and wrap an arm around her. "I'm sure it'll be fine, my trusty companion." The Decepticon leader said, ruffling her hair. The young girl swatted his hand away and fixed her hair angrily as he laughed.

"Let's hope it'll be fine. I don't know how long I can stand going easy on him." Amal grumbled, sighing as she dropped her hands to her sides. Megatron grinned at her. "Why don't we brush off those training routines I used to have you do then?" The warlord offered and Amal groaned.

"Please Primus, no!"

Megatron laughed as pulled her along today one of the back unused rooms. "I remember you loved those!" He claimed sarcastically. Amal rolled her eyes, pushing him off playfully.

"Yea I loved kicking your ass when doing them!"

"Is that so? Because I remember you gettin pelted through the wall one time."

"You cheated."

"Me? A Decepticon? Cheating? I would never!"

~

Jack flexed his arms and groaned, slowly rolling his shoulder back. "Careful, careful!" Ratchet hissed. Jack rolled his eyes. "It's fine, Ratchet. In fact, it feels awesome now. Way better than the other arm." Jack told the doctor. Ratchet huffed and wrote down something on his clipboard.

"Any pains? Sparks? Twitches?"

"Nope." Jack said, popping the 'p'. Ratchet nodded and set his clipboard down as the door to Jack's room opened. Amal walked in with a solid black cup, grinning madly. "What's got you so happy?" Jack asked as she approached him. "This." She held out the cup in front of him and he peered into it.

"Energon?" He questioned, frowning back up at her and the young girl nodded eagerly. "I explained before that you have a tank next to your stomach. When you drink Energon, the pipe in your throat will automatically separate it." Ratchet explained. "Drink?" Jack asked nervously. "Yes, drink. Would you like another way?" Ratchet grumbled impatiently.

"Eating, maybe?"

"We can do that, but drinking is the number one way we do it. So, bottoms up, Jack-y!" Amal held the glass to his body. Jack slowly took it and Amal took the time while he stared at it to move a trash can closer to the side of his bed.

Jack sniffed it. "Smells bad." Amal grinned. "Don't knock it till you try it." She told him and he sighed. "Cheers." He said, holding it up for a second before taking a sip. He frowned as it swiveled in his mouth before swallowing and smacking his lips that were a faint blue.

"Taste like—" Jack quickly set down the cup as he went to lean over the bed. Amal held the trash can up as he puked his guts into it. Amal patted his back comfortingly. "Reminds me back in my day when I was a wee child myself." Amal said as she held her hand to her chest dramatically.

Ratchet rolled his eyes as he wrote stuff down. "Was this normal for you?" Ratchet asked, glancing up at the young girl. Amal nodded. "For like two weeks. Eventually, Megatron just made me hold it in my mouth until I was used to it, and I haven't looked back since."

Ratchet sighed as Jack sat back up, wiping his mouth. "That was awful."

"I know right?" Amal snickered, sitting on the edge of the young boy's bed. "Your tank will get used to it. It's because it's a new one that it doesn't want anything in it. But eventually, you'll get used to it. And in no time, we'll add it to your food to help make it go down easier."

"What foods can it go in?" Jack asked. "Anything you like. The Decepticons found a way to add it safely without, you know, breaking down the food." Amal explained and Jack nodded. "Anything's better than this." Jack grumbled as Amal set the trash can back down. She chuckled, crossing her arms.

"Now, let's talk about some plans for the future I've been told about."

-

Holy shit guys, 10,000 reads already?? That's insane! Here's another update since I'm feeling happy today since it's my birthday! Much love you guys <3 make sure to vote and comment, I love your feedback!