Chapter 106

"Well, if they put the device in you...didn't they put it in me?"

Amal shook her head. "It's a very complicated device to make, it took a few years to get it down and we only had one back up in case something happened to mine, and we didn't see it as a necessity for you." The blonde haired girl explained before gazing around and taking a deep breath.

"I would scan the air, but my system seems to be down." Jack's eyes widened. "Are you...play though?" He asked and Amal noticed his expression and smiled lightly. "Don't worry. I'm not dying again...not anytime soon at least. My inner system is out, as in my ability to scan things and pull up the Cybertron data base. And my left eye is dark—" Amal smacked the side of her head lightly and the eye flickered on for a moment before going dark again.

"—but other than those few things, I seem to be fine."

"Well, lets hope so."

"So, without my scanners. There no way to test the air to see if it's safe...unless—" Amal brought her arm panel out and tapped a few buttons on it. It glitched and spark, making the blonde haired girl growl in annoyance and smack it to make it work.

"Unless—?" Raf asked as he walked closer to them in his tube. Miko sat down, feeling suddenly light headed from standing up. Amal bit her lip nervously as she pressed one last button and a holographic switch came up.

"What is that?"

Amal swallowed. "The switch to turn off the device that allows me to breath on this planet." She said and reached for it, only for her wrist to be grabbed before she could touch it.

"Wait, wait. You're just going to...turn it off?" He asked and Amal nodded. "To see if the air truly is not toxic. If it is, then we can free Raf and Miko and find help." She told him and Jack pushed her hand he held down.

"And if it is toxic, you die. Again!" He exclaimed and Amal rolled her eyes. "We can't just let them sit in there, they'll die too if we just leave them." Jack swallowed as he knew she was right.

"Amal..." Raf said quietly and she shook her head as she brought her hand up again. This time, Jack watched with fear in his eyes. Amal breathed in.

"If I die...again, there are coordinates in my arm panel. Those coordinates are where you'll find help. And when you do, tell them Amal sent you. They'll help." She said and Jack nodded.

Despite wanting to stop her, he knew he couldn't. Amal was almost impossible when it came to changing her mind, and he had witnessed her arguing with the Warlord that raised her, and so the black haired boy knew he stood no chance in an argument with her.

He trusted her, and if this was what she wanted, he had no right to stop her. Especially if it was to save others.

Amal breathed in shakily, taking a step back. She looked at the three humans and smiled before winking. "Don't hold your breath."

And with that, she flicked the switch.

The humans visibly saw her throat twitch and turn a bit, which seemed to cause the girl discomfort as she let out a cough before gagging a little and covering her mouth for a moment.

Just before she took a giant breath.

"Oh fucking Christ, that was absolutely awful. Why did Shockwave design it like that? That made me want to actually die again."

The three humans smiled widely and Jack grabbed her shoulders before patting them. "I cannot believe your last words might've been a pun." Amal grinned, rubbing her throat in irritation.

"If I'm gonna go out again, I'm going out with the last words of somebody who doesn't give a fuck."

~

Hey guys, sorry for a shorter chapter, but I just wanted to publish before I went to bed and also say thank you so much for 2k votes!! That's so insane, I know I say that so much but fr it means a lot to me! I love you guys sm, remember to vote and comment, I love the feedback!