Chapter 7

"WHERE IS SHE? SEARCH EVERYWHERE!"

Knockout ducked in her lab, a piece of metal flying on her head. "Will you chill out?" She grumbled. Breakdown vented heavily, wiping the Energon sweat off his forehelm. "She's probably just somewhere on the ship or outside the mine." Knockout said to try and calm her sparkmate down.

"That explosion was huge, I'm just worried something bad happened to her. Maybe even..." Breakdown trailed off. Knockout stopped what she was doing, turning to him. "Her sensors are still going, which means she's alive. The only thing on her that's not working is her tracker. Either way, we'll find her. Alive." Knockout said.

The big blue mech nodded, venting out. "You're right." He said. Knockout smirked. "When am I not?" This made Breakdown smile. "You're right, sweetspark. I need someone to tell me I'm wrong at some point." Breakdown said before exiting the room to go find Megatron, leaving Knockout to peacefully finish her work.

~

"Should you really be drinking that substance? I've read on your internet it's full of your...sugars and other bad stuff. It can, rot you teeth, or something."

Amal looked at Ratchet, finishing off the coke she had opened minutes ago. "Yea but it's good. Besides, I don't overdo it like some people in this world." Amal said, chucking it into the recycling bin nearby. Ratchet mumbled a "hmm." Before turning back to his work.

It had already been three weeks of Amal being at the Autobot base, and she was having a fun time. She helped Ratchet with some work when he was up to it, like patching machines back together, mostly ones he couldn't work on without crushing, she even helped him patch up Bulkhead's small wound at one point to show she could be helpful.

When asked about it, Amal lied once again, shrugging while saying "I used to help with mechanics. It racked in a lot of money."

Amal eyed the computer for a bit before snapping out of her thoughts when Bumblebee walked in. "Hey Bee, where you been?" Amal asked, frowning. "Scouting. For some reason they never told me I did that when they gave me the job." Bee joked. Amalgamous rolled her eyes while Bee looked at the computer.

"Oh geez, it's already 4:00? We better head out again." Bee said while turning to Arcee and Bulkhead. "Awww, so soon?" Amal asked. "We gotta go pick up the other humans. Schools almost out." Arcee said. "Oh, cool. Are they coming back here?" The young girl asked. The Autobots nodded. Amal smiled.

"Wicked!"

~

"What's the big surprise? I wanna know." Miko whined to her guardian, who chuckled in response. "You'll see, Miko. I think you'll be pretty pleased with it." Bulkhead said as they drive through the empty desert to get to the hidden base. Miko huffed, crossing her arms and stared out the window as the music cranked up to drown out her thoughts.

~

Amal was working on a sensor that had broken, that was the back up of the back ups, and Bulkhead being clumsy had broken all of them and was needing a sensor to connect to the computer in order to pinpoint his location, be able to communicate with him, and be able to see his vitals on the screen.

Right now, it was saying he was flatlined because of the crushed sensor before that.

"Can you shut the sound off or something, that's annoying me." Amal asked Ratchet. "No, because I need to make sure to keep track of any Autobots outside the base at all times. Even for a simple human pick up like this. The Decepticons could be lurking anywhere." Ratchet grumbled. Amal rolled her eyes, muttering something to herself.

She was sitting on the railing next to the computer, and Optimus stood in front of her with his arm opened up, showing a sensor just like the broken one in her hands. Seeing it side to side allowed her to know what goes where so it could start workin again.

"Why do all the wires have to be blue? Who the hell makes the wires all blue? What kinda psychopath—?" Amal mumbled to herself. Optimus gave her a funny look, which Amal noticed. "I tend to talk to myself. Just mumbles a bunch of words. Ignore it." Amal said, shrugging. Optimus nodded.

"It is alright to talk to us, you know?"

"Yea, but it just kinda jumbles out without me realizing it. I just think out loud, ya know. Sometimes it's for better, sometimes it gets me into trouble." Amal said with a snicker. "Man, you should've seen it. I mumbled about this bald guy who pushed me aside and he got so mad. I had to bolt out of that store so fast to get back to the—" Amal stopped, thinking. "Garage, that I was working in." She said slowly. Optimus nodded, not even questioning her pause.

Amal heard the side of the base open, notifying them that the other Autobots had returned. She didn't look up, completely forgetting about the others that were arriving as she focused on the sensor.

"Have you figured it out?" Ratchet asked. "Yea, just this wire and then it should be—" as Amal attached the wire, the sensor clicked on, buzzing loudly before latching itself onto her arm. "AH! Son of a—!" Amal yanked on the sensor but it didn't budge from her arm.

"Emily! For Primus sake—!" Ratchet exclaimed. "I'm sorry dude, wrong wire! This is why you shouldn't make the wires the same color, Ratchet!" Amal snapped as she pulled on the sensor to get some of the pressure off her arm as it was starting to hurt.

Ratchet grumbled in response, searching for his tools so he could get it off. Amal looked into Optimus's still open arm. "Ohhhhh, it went into the other hole, that makes so much more sense." Amal said, making Ratchet roll his optics so dramatically Amal thought they wouldn't come out of his helm.

"Look man, if you hadn't made these little shits so god damn tiny, we wouldn't be worrying about this. You'd be messing with these wires and I wouldn't have this thing crushing my arm so can you hurry?" Amal asked, feeling the sensor grow stronger.

Through all the bickering between Ratchet and Amal, Optimus was the first to finally notice the other Autobots transforming after their human allies had gotten out. "So, another human?" Jack asked, smiling slightly. Optimus nodded.

"Hey, Bulk, I got your sensor finished but it's attached to me at the moment. I'll give it back in like—" Amal looked at her wrist, despite there being no watch there. "—when Ratchet decides to organize his tools so this shit doesn't stay on for this long!" Amal snapped, spinning on her heels to face Ratchet.

Ratchet scoffed, leaning over with a big magnetic tool and putting it over the sensor on her arm. The sensor beeped and clicked off, making Amal sigh in relief. She opened it up again and switched two wires so it was exactly like the sensor Optimus had.

"There, finally fixed. Without get attached to my arm." Amal said, tossing it to Ratchet. Ratchet caught it while gasping. "Emily! I need this, so be careful or I'll put it back on your arm!" The old medic threatened. Amal scoffed.

"Like I'm scared of you, or that thing." Amal said, leaning on her knees, still balancing on the railing. It amazed the Autobots how fearless she was compared to the others, especially when sitting at the railing that was supposed to guard humans from a 25 foot drop. It would make more sense if they knew her past, she of course they didn't, and never would.

"Wicked! Another person to join the gang!" A voice said, and Amal's heart sank. She snapped her head over to where the stairs were and she saw a Japanese girl with black hair, pink tips at the end, running up them.

"What's your name? Emily? What kind of music do you like? How long have you been here? What else can you—" Amal didn't hear anymore as her heart started pounding in her ears as she looked at the other two humans following, and at that moment she had never wanted to sprint away from something this fast ever in her life.