Arc 5.16 Ivy Neil

Chapter 5.16 Ivy Neil

"What?!"

Ivy looked back when she heard a voice speak, the Dragon Demon King in his human form was standing not far from where Ivy was and was staring at her.

"Did you say something just now?" Ivy asked not hearing what the Demon King said just now.

"I said, it's really beautiful just as you had said." The Demon King replied with a smile.

"Yup, it's really beautiful!" Ivy agreed as she grinned at him.

"Do you know that the Crystal Lake is a magical lake? If you wish to you can use its crystals to make a powerful magic tool or use it to make your mana pool purer, also the crystals of the lake can make you see anything crystal clear as its name stated. No illusions can deceive the crystals of the lake." The Demon King said.

"Crystal? Where can I find those crystals anyway, is it at the bottom of the lake?" Ivy said that made the Demon King chuckle.

"You are mistaken, some thought that the Crystal Lake is a lake but in truth the Crystal Lake is in itself a lake of crystals."

"What?! The lake is full of crystals not water? So that means that this lake are all crystals!" Ivy said awed as she stared at the lake full of crystals.

"Yes, it is." The Demon King mused seeing Ivy's reaction.

"But, if this lake is full of crystals then why don't you use it to help the Demon race? If it can improve the mana pool then why not use it instead of it gathering dust here?" Ivy asked the question that most puzzled her, she knew that the lake was not move by any hands because the lake still maintained its beauty and purity and there was not a sign of any Demon race stepping in there.

"The crystals might be a big help but we of the Demon race is unable to use them..." The Demon King sadly said as he looked at the crystals. "The Crystals had another name, they are called Life Crystal by the other races. The Crystals had so much life energy that us of the Demon race who are born with Death energy will weaken if we touch those crystals, those crystals in there are our nemesis."

"I never knew that this beautiful crystals could be that harmful to you but why did you not remove it from here? What if some Demon accidentally fall into this pile of crystals, how are you going to save them?"

"This crystals do cause us a lot of problems but we can't do anything about it since this crystals will never get destroyed until it is void of life energy, this is better compared to letting these crystals fall in the humans hands."

"Hmmm.... that's really better." Ivy agreed. "So.... since the Demon race can't hehehe.... use it then can I have it?" Ivy smiled with ulterior intentions, her smile was so wide that it looked pretty creepy to the point that even the Demon King had shivers.

"Well, you can. We don't use it anyway and we don't have any use of it but on one condition....." The Demon King's face turned serious. "Never as in ever use it against us, the Demon race. I want you to promise this one thing for me, please Ivy."

Seeing the Demon King's serious expression, Ivy did not hesitate and made a promise to the Demon King on the spot. Its not like she hated the Demon race or anything, they are good people despite some glaring at her on the way but she would never use this crystals against them since she does not want to hurt her newly acquired friends.

"I promise, I will never use this crystals against the Demon race to hurt them. I swear in my name, Ivy Neil. May the Heavens be the witness of my oath, may it strike me dead on the spot if I were to ever break my oath." Ivy vowed seriously having the Heavens witness her oath.