Arc 5.15 Ivy Neil

Chapter 5.15 Ivy Neil

The Demon King's emotion could be compared to the waves in the ocean, it was going up and down causing a turmoil deep within his heart. He looked at Ivy with deep emotions as he squeeze Ivy's hand tight within his hands.

"Thank you..........

"What are you thanking me for? I don't know what you're talking about." Ivy said feigning innocence, she knew what he was thanking her for but she decided to feign innocence not busting his balloon.

"Just thank you." The Demon King still smiled at Ivy despite Ivy feigning innocence.

###################################################################

"Is he the reason that brought you to the Fire Continent?" The Demon King asked Ivy, finally they had came back to their main topic.

"Well yes, he is the main reason why I am here." Ivy faintly smiled.

"But he's not here?" Ivy nodded. "How did you even connect your past lover in the Fire Continent anyway, is he perhaps a Demon in your past lives?" The Demon King asked intrigue.

"No, he is not." Ivy simply said.

"If he is not then why are you searching for him in the Fire Continent? Do you perhaps have a way of recognizing him that is why you are here?"

"I........" Ivy hesitated if she should answer or not, can she trust him? Well, it's not like she'll stay in that world for too long and also she was having a hard time with the red string of fate because it looks like it was malfunctioning a bit, he might be able to help her. "I do have a way."

"Oh. What is it?" The Demon King asked curious.

"It's a red string. In the past, when the two of us got married we tied both end of the strings in our ring finger so that even though when we reincarnated we will still find each other."

"Is the "red string" a magic tool?"

"You can say that." Ivy wryly smiled.

"Then, if you have the red string that connects the both of you together why can't you find him? Did it malfunction or something?"

"That is impossible, the red string is a God grade it could not possibly malfunction! Is what I want to say but it seems that it really malfunctioned because it did not lead me to the direction of my Husband and instead to somewhere unknown and if only you can see it now the string is hardly visible like it was about to disappear." Ivy said worried that the red string of fate might really disappear. "It was not like this when I was still outside the Fire Continent but ever since I entered the Fire Continent it was showing signs of disappearing."

"Then maybe it's in it's last straw or maybe the one you are looking for is not here." The Demon King's eyes flashed with a strange light before it disappeared quickly as it appeared.

"That is impossible but maybe possible but the red string never failed me before, it always leads me back to my Husband! It just..... at some point of the end it was not connected to anything, the red string had a visible space like it was supposed to be connected to someone but it's not showing who it was connected to!" Ivy was going crazy thinking about the red string being stupid at its job.

Seeing Ivy who was holding her head and hugging her knees, the Demon King sighed as complicated emotions gushed forth.

"Then maybe, instead of relying on that red string why don't you instead use your own heart and judgment to see the truth? You had been together with him for a long time already, it is impossible for your own heart to not recognize him even though he is already in front of you. Even if your mind forgets, your heart never does." The Demon King smiled kindly as he comforted Ivy, he pat her hair as he calmed her down.