Arc 5.9 Ivy Neil

Chapter 5.9 Ivy Neil

"Who do you think attacked us, Mistress? I did not even notice how that d*mn thing put us all into a deep sleep." Buck cursed as he tried to see beyond the red fog.

"It must be a Magical Beast or something."Ivy replied as she made her way through the red fog, the red fog parted as Ivy continued to advance forward. The red fog was nothing faced with her otherworldly treasures/artifacts.

"Magical Beast? How powerful could it be to even put me into sleep." Daimon grimaced as he thought of what had happened earlier, a "little thing" just attacked him and he did not even notice it. He was f*cking toyed with and he even gladly played along with it, thinking about the dream that he had gave a bitter after taste in his mouth.

"That might be the case or we may have been just careless earlier but now that we know about it, we won't fall to its petty trick twice."

Half an hour passed, Ivy and her group already covered half the distance out of the red fog base on Ivy's intuition when suddenly an earthquake shook the ground that they were standing on.

"What's happening?" Buck yelled in fear as he fell to his butt same with his fellow Lizards..

Ivy and Daimon on the other hand stood their ground as they tried to locate the source of the earthquake, unlike Buck and his subordinates, Ivy and Daimon are not that dumb to think that the earthquake is just some ordinary earthquake.

"Behind you!" Ivy yelled as she pushed Daimon to the side as a whip as thick as a grown man's thigh whip the spot where Daimon was moments ago, a crater as big as a swimming pool appeared on the ground.

"Ivy!" Daimon hugged Ivy tightly as he roll to the left side avoiding a critical hit from the same whip that tried to attack him just a moment ago, Ivy's eyes widened as she saw fresh blood soaked Daimons left shoulders.

She did not expect just how sly the "whip" is and even prepared an attack beforehand that injured Daimon, the whip prepared two small whips on each side so when they avoided the big whip then it can sneak an attack during the confusion and it successfully succeeded on its sneak attack.

On closer inspection, the "whips" was truly just a thick root that was coming out of the ground as it attack them. Beyond the red fog there are even more roots as it sway in the air from left to right as it awaited its turn to attack.

"Daimon, are you alright?" Ivy felt guilty as she look at the gaping hole in Daimons left shoulder, she could not help but think that it should have been her that was injured but Daimon saved her.

When the root decided to strike her, she saw it in just the right corner of her eyes but she was too late to avoid it and she was even in Daimon's embrace so it even made it harder to evade it but when she was already ready to accept the attack Daimon who also saw the root intercept the attack being injured in the process.

"I'm alright, you don't need to worry. Dragons have high regeneration rate....... most of all I'm the Last Dragon, wounds like this are nothing to me." Daimon faintly smiled but his smile was as stiff as board, clearly he had never exercised his face muscle before, in short he was an abnormal person or a straight face person who never sold a smile before.

Ivy does not know whether to be happy or not that she was being given special treatment by Daimon, Ivy could see how the wound on his shoulder slowly heal before the hole was no longer there anymore.

*Ehem!*

"If you have time to look at each other can you please help us get out of this situation first. Mistres, we are going to turn into a hive if you don't do something now!" Buck was sweating profusely as he tear the roots that was trying to stab them and turn them into a hive, he can see that they are busy with their "lovelife" and all but can't they at least choose a time when their lives are not in danger!