ONLY YOU Prologue

Edited~

Prologue

A ball of light was floating in the middle of a dark space. The floating light was actually in fact a lost soul that was floating a midst the darkness.

The ball of light was the soul of a young girl.

Her soul did not enter reincarnation because of her past life's regret. So, she was then tossed out and had been wandering in that dark space for about a hundred of years already.

Dark...

It's so dark......

Cold...

It's so cold.......

I've been here in this cold and dark space for so long that I had almost forgotten how it felt like being in the light.

I don't know how many years had already passed since I had gotten into this space of darkness....

How many months or years had passed already?

When will I ever get out of this eternity in the darkness?

I want to go out!

I want to go back!

Back to that time!

[Initiating contact with Host Candidate

Compatibility: 100%

Downloading.....

Loading......

10%

.

.

40%

.

.

70%

.

.

100%

Connection complete!]

A robotic voice sounded in the vast darkness.

"Who are you?" The ball of light asked the voice that suddenly appeared.

[Hello my Host Candidate, I am System.]

"System? Do you mean that System?!"

If the ball of light just had eyes then you will see its eyes sparkling in delight and hope.

[Oh, it looks like Candidate Host is also a fan of those system novels online. Then this will be easy. So little soul, will you accept me as your System companion or not?]

The little white light dimmed a little, like it was hesitating to answer the System's question.

It looks like, the soul feared that this System is a scum like the other novels she had read.

If that is so, then she would rather stay in this dark place for eternity than getting forced by a scum System to do a task.

As if the System knew what she was thinking, the System decided to clear up all the misunderstanding between the two of them.

[Little Soul, it seems that you are hesitating. I know what you are worried about but I am not like those Systems, well, I am not like those other brothers and sisters System of mine *whispers*. I know your worried so I will tell you the incentives that you can get if ever you sign a contract with this System.]

[First of all, by completing a mission that this System had given out, you will earn points that you can use to buy lifesaving potions, treasure items, and etc. in the system store. ] The System said as it looked at the little ball of light listening to it intently.

[Second, if you earn a significant amount of points you can even wish for anything you want.]

Hearing what the system said, the ball of light perked up and shone a little bit brighter.

"Anything?"

The ball of light shone so brightly in the vast darkness of the space.

[Anything you wish for. You can even wish to go back to your own world or wish to stay at a world you took fancy on, as long as you have the points you can buy anything in the System's store. Even if, it's a life.]

The Systems words were like the words of a devil, tempting a little lamb to agree to its bidding only to slaughter it at the end.

The ball of light wanted to say yes on the spot but still opt to listen to the rest of the Systems words.

[And lastly, if you fail at least 3 of your mission worlds, you will automatically fail on your quest and you will be immediately tossed back in the cycle of reincarnation.]

"So, my soul won't disperse even if I fail?"

[No, it will only get tossed in the reincarnation booth. I know that you won't fail your missions purposely since I know you had something you wanted deeply, right?]

The System smiled smugly but it didn't even have a body let alone a face, it could only pitifully smile mentally.

Unbeknownst to the System, the ball of light is also giving a devious smile. A pity that it is only a ball of light so the System did not notice that evil incarnate smile of hers.

If only the System saw it then it would have thought thrice before signing a contract with this kind of Host, too late though!!

"Alright, I will sign a contract with you. Tell me what should I do? "

[To sign a contract with me, you just have to say your real name in full and say "I accept the contract" and that will do it.]

The System wondered if it were only imagining things, it felt that something is really wrong with its new Host. It could see that somehow its Host temperament changed from when it first arrived in this space, no, that's impossible....

The System throw all those thoughts out of the window, how could it be possible to change just like that, right?

"I, Clear RoseWell accepts the contract!"

The very moment Clear accepted the contract, the ball of light exploded into different kinds colors of light dispersing and then disappearing.

No sign of the ball of light could be seen in the dark space any longer.

[Good. Very good!] The System laughed and then it also disappeared in the dark space.