Arc 4.3 Veronica Schwarzi

Chapter 4.3 Veronica Schwarzi

When they heard Lotus suggestion, they felt like face palming.

Why did they not think of that?!

"Alright, rooftop it is then!" Michael yelled to his teammates as they ran to the rooftop fast.

The Mutants downstairs had already broke the glass doors and were hot on their heels again, the Mutants were not letting them gain on them.

The group of the evolved humans ran as fast as they can seeing how much the horde of Mutants were gaining fast at them, their distance slowly decreasing.

"Sh*t! How many floors does this Mall even have?! Are you even sure that this Mall even have a rooftop, is it even open!" A man with a tattoo yelled frustrated.

"According to my memory before the Apocalypse, this Mall had 10 floors, one of the tallest Malls in this Country. It had a swimming pool, an outdoor garden, a buffet stand and even a bar at the rooftop, perfect for a date or wedding reception!" A nerdy woman said as she daydreams.

"Well, now I know how long we need to run... it's freaking 10 floors!" The tattoo man yelled in anger as he puffed.

"At least we knew." Michael said "Come on guys, let's increase our speed more. The Mutants would catch up to us with this speed!"

"Yes, Captain/Brother/ Michael!"

The group increases their speed to the maximum hoping to outrun the Mutants who were running after, even just one floor, they would cry tears of joy.

"Just 2 floors left!" The nerdy woman yelled, her lungs were already burning from exhaustion but she did not stop running.

"But what would we do when we get to the rooftop? The Mutants were running after us and even if we locked the door they would be able to knock it down!"

Everyone froze when they heard this, they ran like headless chickens not knowing what to do.

She was right. What would they do when they got there? The Mutants could knocked down the door, the only partition between them as easily as 1, 2, 3. What's the use of running?

The group was silent for a while before Michael decided to break the ice and speak.

"Whatever happens, happens. Don't let it get over to you guys, I'm sure that we will think of a plan when we reach there!" Michael tried to encourage the team not wanting them to lose hope.

"Michael is right. Never say never when there is hope, what do you know maybe there is a surprise waiting for us there." Lotus also gave a word of encouragement to cheer the group up, she sweetly smiled at them to cheer them up.