Arc 4.5 Veronica Schwarzi

Chapter 4.5 Veronica Schwarzi

"Mac, go! I will hold the Mutants off as you cross!" Michael shouted as he slayed another incoming Mutant.

"But Mic, what about you? I can't leave you here, there are too many of them for you to handle alone!"

"Don't worry about me and quickly cross, I will be right behind you!" Michael insisted.

"Alright, be safe." Mac was hesitant t o leave Michael behind but still decided to go first, the sooner he can cross the sooner Michael can cross too.

Mac quickly ran towards the end of the building and cross the rope bridge, his hand felt like lead but he use all his might and quickly "wiggle' his way to the other end so Michael could immediately follow behind him.

Michael did his best to hold off the Mutants alone while Mac cross the bridge, he decided to be the last one to cross because he was confident that he can hold them off by himself. He knew that he is the only one who can pull this stunt because he was way more stronger than them, he was the leader, and most of all he doesn't want to lose one of his members if he had the ability to save them.

They had been through thick and thin together, they had overcome every obstacles together as a group. They had been with him ever since the Apocalypse had started and had already formed unbreakable bonds with each other. Without them, without this team he would have not come this far into the Apocalypse.

They give meaning to his life; they were one of the reasons why he has still not given up despite the difficulties. They had been his strength in his down times, the leaning shoulder and his comrades. He will give his all to protect them; he will not let any Mutants or whatever it is to harm his FAMILY!

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Michael yelled as he slams his fist to a Mutant, his fist pass through the Mutants head like it was a piece of tofu. The Mutant fell to the floor dead as another Mutant replace its place.

Michael was puffing and gasping for air already, his arm was starting to get sore from all that fighting. His trusted ax that was with him since the Apocalypse started was drenched in blood and was lying on the floor broken; It had already served its purpose, to protect its Master.

Michael saw that Mac was already halfway across the rope in the corner of his eyes, he tried to cheer himself to not fall in this kind of place.

"About time......."

"Michael, just hang on a little more. Just a bit more........" Lotus was so nervous as she look at Michael from the first building, her gaze never leaving him for a moment.

"Why is that slowpoke so slow! Michael is already exhausted, he can't fight anymore!!" The blonde woman yelled "Mac, faster!"

"Brother, hang on! Don't fail us now!" Abigail shouted worried about Michael who look like he was already worn off, her eyes were already red as tears threatened to fall of her eyes. She was afraid that something might happen to their leader but she knew no, she believe that he will be safe and will come back to them smiling widely as he had always done before.