Arc 4.6 Veronica Schwarzi

Chapter 4.6 Veronica Schwarzi

“By the way, what’s your name sis?” Abigail asked Veronica who was walking beside her.

Among the group of 5 people, Abigail was the only one who had enough courage to talk to Veronica. The others were too nervous or too stiff when they face her, it was as if there was an invisible barrier that separates their world and her world. Abigail on the other hand was not affected by the barrier; she was just too pure and kind to think about the differences of mankind from each other. She was just too pure that she sometimes get conned!

They were on their way to the ML’s base to go home for the day and also give Veronica her reward for saving them. The road to the base was like a déjà vu for Veronica knowing that the original had been there and she still had not. The road was too familiar for her that she did not even need directions from the group to go there.

Hearing Abigail’s question, the group also perked up their ears and listened to the two “girls” conversation. They were also curious to this mysterious woman’s identity and also wanted to know her more, so they listened quite intently as they listened to her speak.

“……. nica, my name’s Nica.” Veronica smiled at Abigail while raffling “her” hair. She find it amusing as she talks to this “girl” she was too kind to be too cautious of strangers, Veronica believe that she could snap that pretty little neck of her’s with a snap of her hand.

Abigail was just too naïve that she find it amusing somehow and also she find it amusing when she read Abigail’s story in the story plot, she secretly laugh as she look at Abigail and Michael back and forth.

‘Truly interesting…’ Veronica smiled amused.

“Nica. What a nice name! Nica sis!” Abigail brightly smiled as she held Veronica’s arms. Veronica’s iced heart somehow melted when she look at this child, “she” was just too naive and kind to be born into such a world and suffer greatly in the hands of the FL.

‘Should I bring “her” with me?’ Veronica could not help but thought. ‘Such a nice kid.’

“Hmmm…. Nica sis indeed! Then what’s your name little girl?” Veronica teased, she found it somehow amusing as she talk with this “girl”.

In all her lifetimes, she had never talk with someone like this or get too close to one except her hubby and her brother’s  in her first world. Somehow she had found something interesting in the “girl” that caught her attention and care.

“Abigail! My name’s Abigail, Nica sis!! But you can just call me Abi like my other friend’s do!” Abigail happily said as “she” rubbed “her” dumpling like face on Nica’s arm.

“Abi it is then.” Veronica said indulging the little kid, she shook her head seeing such a young innocent seedling.

Suddenly, the young innocent “girl’ was pulled away from her arms by a certain someone who had a force smile on.  Veronica looked at this certain someone and smiled radiantly as she crossed her arms.

“Brother!” Abigails said in surprised when she was suddenly pulled into Michael’s arms, his face was as black as a kettles pot when Abigail looked at him.

“Abi….” Michael said in a somehow forced voice. “Stop disturbing our guest, you might be making her uncomfortable.” Michael reasoned out and pats Abigail’s head to make her understand.

“I…..” Abigail’s eyes watered as she finally come upon an understanding; she was too pure to understand the good and bad of people and her decisions. She knew that she is sometimes reckless and does not think when going into action sometimes but what she hates the most is making someone uncomfortable with her behavior; it makes her remember of her sad past. “Am I making you uncomfortable, Nica sis?” Abigail asked with watery eyes, her tears about to fall off if Veronica would say “Yes”.