Arc 1.4 Shen Qi

Chapter 1.4 Shen Qi

The night was young and the air cold, Shen Qi was only wearing thin fabrics that could not protect her from the cold air as she leisurely strolled towards the garden to take a breather. She decided to go to the garden since she was no longer feeling sleepy and is instead pretty much awake, so she decided to walk for a while and then go back when she got tired.

"Who could this lady be?" Hearing the familiar voice, Shen Qi cursed her bad luck and forced a smile to her face before looking back.

The night was supposed to be peaceful but one just had to ruin it!! The garden is pretty much a cursed place where you can easily meet your enemies, that's a golden rule!

"This princess thought that the voice was familiar, it was General Li after all."

"You know me? Have we met before?" General Li was surprised when the lady before him uttered his name and could not help but ask.

"Who would not know of the famed young genius General Li who fought with the invaders in a losing battle but then managed to turn the tides in his favour instead and won the battle. Even this princess is impressed with General Li's ability."

"I did not know that my name would even reach to the princess, this one is humbled." General Li politely smiled.

"Your too humble General." Shen Qi said amaze of this person's personality. "It is late now, this princess will be going first."

"Then princess should be care-- watch out!" General Li shouted.

I don't know if my bad luck had accumulated after so many lifetimes of bad deeds but really, why do you need to strike me at this very moment?!

Shen Qi did not know what kind of bad luck had strike her that day that she even manage to win the lottery, when she was passing by the Generals side, she with her rotten luck stumbled on nothing and was about to fall when General Li caught her on time.

The two of them were in a very compromising position, her holding his robes tightly as he embrace her tightly.

"I-I'm sorry." Shen Qi immediately pushed General Li as she cursed her luck.

"*Ehem* Are you alright, Princess?" General Li was also stunned for a minute before he snapped back when Shen Qi pushed him away.

"This princess is alright. Thank you, General Li." Shen Qi still thanked him for saving her.

"Your wel--" General Li was cut off when an annoying voice suddenly shouted.

"What are you doing you sl*t!" A woman in white dress was walking in large strides towards their direction with a big frown on her face

"Feng'er...."

"You, I only left for a minute and now I see you hugging another woman!" Feng An yelled. She looked at Shen Qi with and ugly frown and went forward to slap her.

*Pak*

"What do you think your doing?" Shen Qi smiled as she looked down on the woman sitting on the ground.

"You!" Feng An could not utter a word immediately because of anger and humiliation.

"Feng'er!" General Li who saw his fiancee getting slapped in front of his face was angry but helpless at the same time.