Picking up the Pieces

Jack wakes mid-morning to Nikki cuddled up to him sleeping softly beside him, he smiles as he rolls onto his side to face her and admires her sleeping for a moment. After a while, she wakes up and looks at Jack as she stretches out and smiles. "Morning" He smiles.

"Morning" She mumbles back as she buries her head into his chest for a brief moment.
"Sleep well?" He asks as he strokes her hair out of her face.
"Mmm, it was lovely, slept like a log, no one waking me in the night, no one ending up in our bed, beautiful bliss" She grins as she kisses him lightly on the lips.

Jack smiles and kisses her back before moving away and resting his hand on her hip, "What are we doing today?" Jack mumbles.
"I reckon a lazy day, the girls aren't due back from Thomas's until one, I reckon we get out of bed, get some breakfast and watch tv" She smiles happily.

He nods happily and admires her for a while longer, "How about a shower together?" He suggests.

Nikki chuckles to herself and rolls her eyes, "Okay but no funny business," She smiles as she taps him on the nose and then climbs out of bed, she opens up a cupboard and grabs a towel from it.

She looks over at Jack with a smile indicating she wants her shower first, he smiles and sits up before climbing out of bed and grabbing a towel and joining Nikki in the ensuite. "How are you today Jack?" Nikki asks as she steps into the shower and turns it on before stepping out and starting to undress.

"Nikki, why are you asking that? because of what I did or attempted to do yesterday?" He asks and Nikki sighs as she turns and looks at him in nothing but her pyjama top.
"I'm just looking out for you Jack, I love you" She smiles happily as she turns back to fold her pyjama bottoms up.

She turns back around and looks at Jack who is completely naked, she smiles and then removes her top before stepping into the shower and is closely followed by Jack.
Nikki begins to wash her hair and smiles at Jack who is attempting to steal the water from her to wash himself down too. "Jack... stop it" She giggles as he moves her out the way and puts his head under the shower. "This was a bad idea, there isn't room for two of us!" She adds.

Jack chuckles as pulls her back under the showerhead and helps her wash her hair, "There is plenty of room, we had a shower together when you were seven months pregnant with Maddie" Jack chuckles.

Nikki looks up at him and smiles as it's the first time she's seen him properly smile in a very long time. She smiles and looks at his chest for a moment, he runs his hand up her arm and nudges her chin up towards him. He leans forwards and kisses her gently on her lips. They pull away and Nikki smiles as she reaches for her conditioner and then puts it in her hair.

She continues to wash her hair and watches Jack look her up and down for a while, she smiles as she is now finished in the shower and goes to open the shower door but Jack grabs her and shoves her up the shower wall and kisses her passionately. "Mmm Jack!" Nikki speaks as they come up for air, he instantly picks her up and holds her against the wall, the 'no funny business' rule now completely out the window.

Ten minutes later Nikki walks out the ensuite with a towel wrapped around her body, Jack shortly follows out with a towel wrapped around his waist and begins to get dressed. Once dressed he sets himself down on the bed and watches Nikki get dressed and dry her hair.

"Ready?" Nikki smiles as she ties her now dry hair up into a messy bun and looks at Jack.

He nods and stands up, he walks over to her and wraps his arms around her waist, "I love you" He mumbles as he kisses her ear.
She smiles and turns to look at him, "Breakfast?" She asks and he nods before following her downstairs and into the kitchen where they prepare a simple breakfast and sit at the breakfast bar eating and chatting.