Steve McGarrett x Daughter!Reader

Requested by amctalkingdead2018

You sat pouting outside the principal's office, while your father, Steve McGarrett, was talking with the principal. Your nose throbbed, the dried blood cracking when you scrunched it. Another bruise was blooming on your cheek. The other girl and her parents sat opposite you, she had a tearstained face, a bruise blooming on her cheek, and her parents were intermittently glaring at you while trying to comfort their daughter. Suddenly the door swung open, the principal stepped out with your father. You and your classmate stood at her entrance. "Miss Y/N McGarrett..." The older woman looked over at you, your father by her side. "Yes, Miss Emily." Miss Emily looked over the girl and her parents. "Miss Samantha Browne." She answered as you had. "You both need to apologise to each other, swear this will never happen again, and you will both be suspended for the rest of the day. I want you to think upon your actions and the school's values. I also would like you both for the reminder of your time at my school, behave according to these values."

You and Samantha both apologised, hanging your heads shamefully, you shook hands and promised your father, Miss. Emily and Samantha's parents that it wouldn't happen again. Miss Emily nodded, "I will see you both Monday, and hopefully you will both have thought over your actions and will behave in the way the school values require." Shrugging on your backpack, you left the office with your father and headed towards her car.

You sighed sitting in the front seat of Steve's car, he slid into the driver's seat. Steve sighed heavily, you clicked your seatbelt, and he did his own. Steve stuck the key into the ignition, "I have to go back to work, so I'm going to drop you at your father Mary's." You scowled, it didn't look quite as terrifying as your father's scowl but as you were thirteen it was the best you could do.

Steve knocked on his sister's door, she opened it, smile dropping when she saw the stoic hardened look on her brother's face and the morose blood smeared look you had. She stepped back, opening the door, the two of you walked in. Steve explained in low tones what had happened, he moved over to where you were sitting on the couch. "You're going to stay with Mary, until I have finished this case. I'll be home soon, and we can talk about this later." He kissed your forehead. You sniffed as he left. Mary hugged you after closing the door behind her brother. "You okay kid?" You shrugged tears brewing. "Well then, I'm going to get a face cloth and a bowl of water, so you wash your face. Okay?" You nodded. She stepped into the bathroom, when you heard the running water, you got up and carefully opened and closed the front door, grabbing your phone on the way.

The hot sun, and humid air beat down as you dashed along your street. You ducked underneath the brushes and trees that littered the side of your house. Crashing out of the undergrowth, you saw the small section of beach that backed onto your house. Toeing off your shoes, you hopped as you took off your socks. You moved towards the sand, the small grains shifted under foot, the water lapped at your toes before you stepped in ankle deep. The water was relatively warm, as it was the height of summer. You sniffed, rubbing your hand over your face, dried chips of blood flaked off in your hand. Your phone buzzed in your hand, checking it yielded several texts and missed call from your aunt and several calls from your father and his team. You answered the next call from your father. "Where are you?" He didn't sound mad, just concerned. "At home, outside at the beach." Steve exhaled, relief flooding his senses. "Don't go anywhere okay, sweetheart?" You nodded, remembered he couldn't see you and answered him, saying you wouldn't go anywhere.

He arrived with his sister in tow. Steve removed his own shoes and socks rolling up the ends of his cargo pants before standing in the shallow water beside you. He pulled you into a hug, inhaling the scent of your shampoo as you tucked your head under his chin. "She said you didn't love me because you work so much." Steve inhaled heavily, Mary had at this point stepped into the water as well, she wrapped her arms around you and her brother. "That's not true, sweetheart. My brother may not be very good at telling people he loves them, but he loves them and does what he does because he loves them, to protect them." Steve looked affronted when his sister said he didn't know how to tell people he loved them. Steve kissed the top of your head, "I love you, bumblebee." He wiped your tears away with his thumb. "Come on, I'll take you to your favourite restaurant for dinner. But no more getting into fights at school, okay?" He gripped your chin with his index finger. You nodded, he kissed your forehead. Mary kissed your cheek. "I'm coming too." Steve faked a groan, but grinned at his sister, kissing her cheek. "Come on then." The three of you trekked out of the water and into the house. As you were heading off for dinner as you left you stayed tucked under your father's arm.