James 'Bucky' Buchanan Barnes x Avenger!Reader

You stood on the helipad, clothes whipping in the wind. Your hair danced around your face, strands flicking you on your cheeks several times. You weren't hiding, just you wanted to be alone to think. Despite being good people and great saviours of the world, the group known as the Avengers weren't, you admit good at privacy. Falling for Bucky hadn't been your plan, but you couldn't help your feelings and you wouldn't have it any other way. The heart wants what it wants, was what your mother told you, you hadn't really understood what it meant but now, now you did. Your heart thudded painfully in your chest when you thought back to your last conversation.

Your mind flashed back as you closed your eyes. You curled into Bucky's arms, his metal arm was cold on your back, drawing circles. Your head rested on his collarbone, Bucky's shoulder length hair tickled your nose when you nuzzled into his neck. You sighed against his skin and pressed a soft kiss there. "Doll, I gotta tell you something." You looked up at him, "Yeah, James." He allowed you and only you to call him James. "I love you." He whispered it into the top of your head, before pressing a kiss to your hair. You smiled widely and leaned up on his shoulders and brushing his nose with yours. You brushed his hair back and leaned in tilting your head slightly, your lips hovered over his. "I love you too, James Buchanan Barnes." He grinned up at you, he pulled you down closer to him. He kissed you deeply. You both began to deepen the kiss; the kiss became so desperate your whole body curved into his.

Bucky pulled away slightly his lips brushed over yours. "Thank you so much for standing by me all this time." You grinned at him, your lips brushing against his, "I'll follow you anywhere James, I love you."

Arms snaked around your waist and tugged back into a solid chest. The coldness of his metal arm seeped through the thin material of your shirt. "Hey doll." Bucky whispered in your ear, he kissed the side of your neck. You sighed, dreamily. "Hey, James."

"What you are thinking about?" You grinned and turned in his arms and wrapped your arms around his neck. "You." He grinned, "Told you, doll, I'm unforgettable." You grinned at him, "You sure are, James Barnes." Bucky leaned in and kissed you softly on the lips, it was gentle and made you feel so incredibly loved. The wind blew against your skin, the warm autumn air sending chills over your skin. "I love you, Y/N."