Will Halstead x EMT!Girlfriend!Reader

You looked over at your partner as she moved to the middle of the road, making sure the lights were flashing the pair of you got out. The call out had been for a biker who had been hit by a car. You opened the back doors, as your partner checked on the injured cyclist. You climbed in the back and tossed the medical bag towards your partner. Twisting you grabbed another to help the driver of the car when you heard your partner shout your name. Turning in time to see both her and the cyclist scrambling out of the way of the ambulance, before you could do anything the ambulance jolted violently. You were thrown into the other side. You hit your head and could fell objects fall on top of you. The ambulance was shunted from the hit into more traffic. The gurney beside you was thankfully still locked in place, but you were thrown into it as another car hit the side of the ambulance. You gave a groan and before your eyes fluttered shut, you could hear your radio crackle with your partners wavering voice calling for another two ambulances, one for the cyclist and driver of the car and another for you. Darkness fell across your vision as your partner climbed carefully into the back to check on you.

Natalie looked up as Maggie called her name, she saw your partner enter with Sylvie and Gabby pushing a gurney with an unconscious woman. She expected to see you round the corner helping someone in but you didn't appear. The woman on the gurney bore a suspicious resemblance to you but Natalie hoped it was just the hair colour playing tricks on her mind. "It's Y/N." Your partner confirmed one of her worst nightmares. "Doctor Choi, Connor!" The two men joined her, faces turning ashen when they recognised you. Gabby began to list your wounds and the nature of the accident and when her voice crackled Natalie looked away from bandages to see tears in her eyes. Gabby drew a heavy breath in as she adjusted the gurney beside the one in the treatment room. "On my count, one...two...three." They heaved you onto the hospital gurney, Gabby, your partner and Sylvie moved out the way but stayed watching.

Connor began work on your chest wound where broken parts of some medical equipment had created flesh wounds which in turn caused internal bleeding. Natalie was working on your head wound while Ethan checked your limbs and the lacerations you had on them. Connor looked up at Natalie, "Has someone told Will?" There was a sound in the door way, Maggie had made your partner, Gabby and Sylvie wait in the waiting room. The trio of doctors and mess of nurses looked up, Will stood there. He made to move forward but Connor and Ethan both spoke in unison. "No." He looked at them pleadingly, "She's my girlfriend." Natalie looked up. "Which is exactly why you can't be in here, let us do our jobs." Nonetheless, Will tried to step forward but a hand on his arm stopped him. Will turned and Maggie was standing behind him with Goodwin and Doctor Charles.

Goodwin gave a watery smile, "Come on, let them do their jobs." Will followed Goodwin and Charles, Goodwin led him to the waiting room, where your partner, Gabby, Sylvie and the rest of Firehouse 51 were waiting. Maggie went to help the nurses and doctors who were running about. Natalie came in with Ethan, "Her head wound was superficial, but she had some internal bleeding we couldn't find so she's gone into surgery. Connor's with her." They informed the waiting group. Boden nodded, "Thank you." The rest of the Firehouse thanked them, before heading off, back to their shift with promises to visit later. Will nodded his thanks, words catching in his throat. Natalie hugged him before heading back into the ED. Ethan clapped him on the shoulder then followed Natalie. Your partner moved and sat beside Will, she rubbed his back, "I am so sorry." Will shook his head and gave her a side hug. "Its not your fault." He sniffed, rubbing the tears from his eyes. "Will." Will turned at the sound of his name, Jay made his way over to his brother. Will stood and his brother tugged him into a hug. "She's going to be okay, she is a fighter." Jay released his brother and placed one hand on his shoulder, looking into his eyes. "She is going to be okay." Jay hugged your partner, she sniffed and pulled away when she saw her brother, she flung herself into his arms and burst into tears.

A few hours later after your surgery, Will was waiting by your bedside as you slept. Jay had fallen asleep on the sofa that was in the room. Your eyes fluttered open as you groaned. Will's hand tightened on yours. He rose, "Hey, hey." He leaned over the bed. "How do you feel?" You grimaced, "Sore." He gave a watery chuckle. "I'll bet." You looked at his sleep deprived worried state, "I'm okay, Will. I have the best doctor on standby." He grinned at that. "Oh, you thought I meant you..." You furrowed your brows and gave a not so innocent look. "I actually meant Natalie." Will's lips twitched upwards, there was a chuckle behind him. You both looked over at the sound. Jay stood laughing slightly, "I'm gonna tell the others, you're okay. That's good." He moved over and squeezed your hand. "Glad you're okay." You smiled at him. Jay left shutting the door softly. Will moved to lean over you once more. "I was so worried about you." You smiled. "You're not getting rid of me that easy." Will brushed some hair away from your face, leaning down he kissed your forehead, before chastely kissing your lips. "Get some sleep, I'll be here when you wake up." You smiled softly, closing your eyes, you drifted off into a more peaceful sleep.