Daniel 'Danny' Reagan x Best Friend!Reader

Danny picked up his ringing phone which lay amidst the clutter on his desk. "Reagan." There was a chuckle, "Hello Daniel." He sighed running his hand over his face. "I thought I asked you to stop calling me that?" His partner Baez gave him a weird look. "Y/N, they're my best friend." He told her. "Aw Daniel, I had no idea you felt like that." He rolled his eyes, "I'm at work, what do you want?"

"Your help. I'm almost there."

"Look, I'm not going to help you take over the world. No, not even if you try to bribe me with cookies." Baez gave him another look, "No Danny. I think someone wants me dead." With that chilling statement, you hung up. Danny stared at his phone unblinking, his captain came over "Reagan, I need you and Baez to..." He trailed off, "What's with your partner, Baez?" She shrugged. "My best friend, Y/N, thinks someone wants her dead."

"Someone does want me dead and I know why. All I don't know is who." The trio turned to the voice, taking in the ripped clothing, bloodied hands and the bruises on your face. Danny gaped. "I'm Maria Baez, Danny's partner." She offered her hand, and you held up your bloody ones as a way of apologising for not shaking her hand. "Right." She reached into her desk and pulled out wipes, "Crime scenes." She explained. "Sid Gormley." The older man introduced himself. He motioned the three of you to go to his office. You began to explain that you had witnessed a murder last night and had tried to save the stabbing victim hence the blood. You also had video and paper files on the murder being a contract kill. Handing the USB to the captain, you told them that the reason you had come to Danny was because you trusted him, and you weren't sure who you could trust. The more you talked the more enraged Danny became, someone wanted you dead. The person who had helped his family so much after Joe's death. You had made food for the whole family, drove Jamie to and from Harvard when he wanted to visit. Danny wanted to protect you solely for what you had done for them, hell the whole family was now really protective. "They have already tried to kill you?" You nodded at Gormley's question. "Think they'll try again?" Was the next one. You nodded again. "I'm happy to be bait or something but I thought that this information might be enough." Baez nodded, "We could catch them in the act of trying to kill you."

"No." Danny pointed out. "Danny I am not scared of what could happen."

"Damn straight you're not because the only thing scarier than the unknown is me." You smirked at his statement. "Stay here, we will go pick up these dirt bags."

A day later you were sat at the Reagan Sunday dinner, laughing at the family making fun of Danny. You gently knocked your knife against the glass. "I just want to thank Danny for saving my life."

"Does this make me your hero?" He asked cockily interrupting you. "No, that's your family. I don't know how they put up with you." There was a laugh. "I would also like to thank this family for being there for me when I needed help."

"You did the same for us. Once." Frank told you, the family grinned at you. Their own way of thanking you for what happened years ago.